• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

Merry Christmas ! Can’t believe this thread is 580 pages long! Hope all of you have a fantastic new year as well!
Merry Christmas friend…
🎅

41D65823-F7C6-451E-96F7-6A28357A4E82.jpeg

Is it worth getting one of these in fair condition?

Hayata Hayata

Hello Milsurp Lovers! My hunt for a minty M96 is still on. I just listed another rifle here for the cause lol.

Dang, can't believe ol' Sweaty Ben got some more in stock. If you haven't ordered from them before, just know their condition grading is VERY optimistic.

To answer your question: Yes. The quality of the steel and the workmanship are amazing on Swiss rifles. This particular model has a modified stock when the Swiss transitioned from black powder to smokeless.

Biggest drawback to Swiss rifles these days is the cost of the ammo. It's still being made, but it ain't cheap.

At least they have free shipping.

1896-1911.jpeg
image (54).jpeg

I forget where I found the scope mount...it bolts in underneath so no drilling/tapping required.

Got the bayonet from our very own bayonet-whisperer... alleycat alleycat

This looks to be a decent deal. I've kinda wanted one of the 7.62 ones. Are they worth getting to shoot?

This looks to be a decent deal. I've kinda wanted one of the 7.62 ones. Are they worth getting to shoot?
This one is in a great shape.Never owned one but French MAS arsenal converted one’s work flawlessly according to some owners and Century arms ones are usually hit or miss.

Excellent shooters love mine. It slam fired once and I got a different firing pin and no issues. These are going for $800 plus on Gunbroker.

See my posting from when I got it.

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/mas-49-56-in-308.1357971/

Did you snag it ?

Back
Top Bottom