• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
How is the market treating you?

Seen any new releases by importers/dealers? Besides the M39's this year?

Gotten any good deals?

Where are you finding examples? GB? ODT? CMP? Local sellers? Pawn Shops?

Have we topped out in the Mauser market? K98 - All matching has gotten crazy.

Are Mosins still gaining in value or have they leveled off?

Enfields? Red headed step child? Now?

American Warhores? - ( I think they will only go up - That new movie Hacksaw Ridge is chocked full of Garands)

Ariskas - I have no words but HOLY COW. They have gone up.

Carcano - Is it their turn to have some serious growth and attention?

Swiss? Leveled off? Ammo is hard to find? Maybe?

Has the German pistol market gone insane?

Is the WW1 Market going to get really crazy the next 2 years?

Have the niche markets had their runs? Finns, Non British Enfields?\

Why are 1911's ( original going for over 1k-4k? ) WTH?

Just a bunch rolling around in my mind as we draw 2016 to a close.

upload_2016-10-10_19-50-23.jpeg

Seems to me the days of 'interesting' surplus guns being imported is largely gone.

As there's a finite supply the best examples are appreciating quite steeply in some cases. K31, Lahti, even the good old Russian Nagant they gave away at $99 or less I see listed at $250+ !

Take Lugers, a few years ago you could buy a decent russian / east german dipped for around $600-$700. Now, it seems, even pretty poor examples can push $1k+ on the open market. There are still a few places they change hands for more sensible numbers, but anything collectible is pretty much beyond my reach nowadays.

I can't find a cmp 03a3 anywhere
Mosins continue to climb, prob a good time to sell.
Rifle selection and surplus ammo supply getting thin while prices continue to rise
Will the millenials even want surplus?

My best deals lately come from people 'thinning their herd' or selling out all together. I've found a couple deals from really young people who have inherited something nice and dont want it.

I can't find a cmp 03a3 anywhere
Mosins continue to climb, prob a good time to sell.
Rifle selection and surplus ammo supply getting thin while prices continue to rise
Will the millenials even want surplus?

My best deals lately come from people 'thinning their herd' or selling out all together. I've found a couple deals from really young people who have inherited something nice and dont want it.

As far as the future goes...that depends on us. Our Kids. My Son is a Garand nut. I know alot of you have sons and daughters and literally all we can do is put the weapon in their hands and see if its a fit.

The O3 market is exclusive. I have not found a way in yet.

Seems to me the days of 'interesting' surplus guns being imported is largely gone.

As there's a finite supply the best examples are appreciating quite steeply in some cases. K31, Lahti, even the good old Russian Nagant they gave away at $99 or less I see listed at $250+ !

Take Lugers, a few years ago you could buy a decent russian / east german dipped for around $600-$700. Now, it seems, even pretty poor examples can push $1k+ on the open market. There are still a few places they change hands for more sensible numbers, but anything collectible is pretty much beyond my reach nowadays.
Lugers are wild. Especially all matching WW1.

As far as the future goes...that depends on us. Our Kids. My Son is a Garand nut. I know alot of you have sons and daughters and literally all we can do is put the weapon in their hands and see if its a fit.

The O3 market is exclusive. I have not found a way in yet.

There are multiple 03a3's on GB but none are CMP.

Back
Top Bottom