• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How long before a labrador puppy will stop biting?

The dog is 8 weeks old and trying to bite every chance she gets. It's getting on my last nerve. Attacking my feet when I walk and forget about holding her she will bite the crap out of you.

How do you correct this bad behavior?

I'm tempted to give this dog away and I paid a grand for her.
Bite the sum bichh on the ear and claim to be the Alpha.

I'm sure he can think for himself.

When you ask questions on public forums, you tend to get answers. Ultimately, it's up to the OP to determine what's a valid alternative.

I am sure that he can too, but there are several methods being suggested here that in my opinion should not be used with a playful puppy. There is a huge difference in an aggressive dog and a puppy that doesn't understand the boundaries yet and wants to play. Then again I'm a dog owner not a professional dog trainer. :thumb:

Bear44...never fear, he may have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but he is a very successful dog trainer. Trained my cujo like dog (have a scar to prove it) into being a timid controllable family member.

I am sure that he can too, but there are several methods being suggested here that in my opinion should not be used with a playful puppy. There is a huge difference in an aggressive dog and a puppy that doesn't understand the boundaries yet and wants to play. Then again I'm a dog owner not a professional dog trainer. :thumb:

The same can be said for raising children.

Have you ever seen the kids that disrespect their parents?
Scream and throw a fit. Whether in private or in public?
Curse at their parents?
Hit their parents?
Even my 11 month old grand baby knows not to hit.

Like I said, Dogs and Children will seldom be any smarter than their owner.:wacko:

Most people's dogs are as obedient as their children.:thumb:

Consistency is the key. Right wrong or indifferent. Always be consistent.

Guess when my Lab stopped jumping up on people?

She never had to stop, because I never let it get started.

As Barney said, "Nip it in the bud".:pop2:

Back
Top Bottom