• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How long should I wait before negative feedback?

How long to wait before negative fedback?

• Should have done it already

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Leave it on Friday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it on Sunday

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Don't leave it at all

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Pie! (Null Vote)

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AR-Trvlr

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
169   0
Reaction score
I made a deal last weekend with a ODT member to sell them a pistol. They were going to get back to me by Tuesday to let me know if they wanted an accessory, and we were supposed to do a deal this coming weekend.

I didn't hear from them on Tuesday, sent them a PM on Wednesday and haven't heard back, and sent them an email through the site this morning. Looking at their user info they haven't logged back in since the 20th.

They're a fairly new member, and have only 1 (positive) feedback.

I'm leaning towards reposting the pistol tomorrow and leaving them negative feedback at that time. Should I wait longer, perhaps until after this weekend?

I wouldn't leave it until after the agreed meeting is missed, if it is. He may not be answering right now for good reason.

I understand, which is why I've hesitated.

We don't, however, have a firm time/place arranged for the meeting. I'd like to get in touch with him so I can make sure I'm available. Since he's dropped out of sight I can't do that.

I've sent him an email through the board - do the mods have access to other means of contact?

I vote pie...cuz I likes me some pie!

I'd wait it out until maybe tomorrow (Friday). If you haven't heard from him by tomorrow evening, I say repost it and forget about it.

It happens often and is par for the course. People just flake out. It's frustrating, but what ya goin' do???? I would relist it now. If you sell it then it's his loss. He should have maintained communication.

I would also wait until after the weekend (which was the original agreement).

At least then you have lived up to your end of the deal.

That way he will not be able to come back at you for selling the gun before the agreed upon meet time. If no contact by then.. re-list and sell to someone else.

As far as repoting him here, Obvioulsy I would wait until the weekend has passed... even then I would wait for any explanation from him....if no contact at all..then I would re-consider giving others here a heads up as to this not happening tio them...

Outdoorsman.

Back
Top Bottom