• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How long should I wait before negative feedback?

How long to wait before negative fedback?

• Should have done it already

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Leave it on Friday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it on Sunday

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Don't leave it at all

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Pie! (Null Vote)

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, did you ever hear back?

Nope, nothing. It looks like I have another buyer lined up, though.

edit: he still hasn't logged back onto the site since the 20th. Don't know if he's avoiding it since he welched on the deal, or if something came up.

Last edited:
I say don't be hard on him, you've still got your item and can re-list so really theres no lost there. For all you know he could be laid up in a coma due to an auto accident. In negoiations I get and give phone numbers asap just for such reasons ( I may even be the seller and can't make the meet ), just common curtisey to call. Someone would have to really screw me over bad for me to leave negative feedback, sometimes things happen but life goes on.

Man, if I left negative feedback for every "I'll take it" that fell through I would be tied up doing that all the time LOL. I have had multiple "deals" set where people came back and said that they had to replace a car part or something and I always understand that. I would say that until you are "left at the alter" it's no big deal. If someone just flakes out without sealing up a deal, or pulls out with an "I'm sorry but XYZ came up" I don't think that warrants negative feedback.

I backed out of a deal once before setting up a meeting because a family member asked for the gun and I got pegged with a negative. If I had left the guy at some meeting place I could understand but I don't think being honest and pulling back for whatever reason should get a negative.

I have also had plenty of sales that never resulted in me getting a +1, although I left them a +1, just because I don't think everyone knows how to use the itrader feature.

It's really sad when a mans word means nothing, it's just as sad that so many think it's no big deal. Guess I'll have to rely on my own list of known deadbeats instead of relying on the feedback system.

It's really sad when a mans word means nothing, it's just as sad that so many think it's no big deal. Guess I'll have to rely on my own list of known deadbeats instead of relying on the feedback system.

Folks, if we're not going to use the feedback system as intended - why have it at all? Personally, I'd like to know if someone has a history of disappearing after saying "I'll take it". If they can explain their actions and have a valid reason for breaking their word, the feedback can be changed...

I saw that he logged in yesterday, but never responded to any of my messages. Obviously it wasn't just a problem in getting to the computer.

Negative feedback left.

Back
Top Bottom