• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How long should I wait before negative feedback?

How long to wait before negative fedback?

• Should have done it already

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Leave it on Friday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it on Sunday

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Don't leave it at all

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Pie! (Null Vote)

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would wait until it got closer to the weekend just to see if he comes through. After that just repost it and move on. You had nothing set in stone it seems. GLWS.

We don't, however, have a firm time/place arranged for the meeting. I'd like to get in touch with him so I can make sure I'm available. Since he's dropped out of sight I can't do that.

If there is no firm date/time/place, then I don't think there was ever a "deal". No feedback warranted. Just repost it as "still available" and move on. If he contacts you in a week wondering why you sold it to someone else, you can always respond with "I never heard back from you, so I assumed you were no longer interested."

If there is no firm date/time/place, then I don't think there was ever a "deal". No feedback warranted. Just repost it as "still available" and move on. If he contacts you in a week wondering why you sold it to someone else, you can always respond with "I never heard back from you, so I assumed you were no longer interested."

+1 ^^^^

Agree with that ^^^^^

It may be disappointing or annoying but until someone has definitely committed to a meet/exchange/buy it is just a discussion. I have had several "nearly closed" deals - I don't hold it against anyone if they decide not to proceed before a commitment.

But, IMHO, you have no obligation to refrain from relisting right now if you wish to. If you choose to do so that's your choice and hopefully he will appreciate your courtesy.

Like others have said something may have come up big time....Not last Saturday but the one before my grandmother fell and broke her wrist completely and had to have surgery. And due to everyone's work schedules I was the ONLY one able to stay with her and take care of her. I was with her in the Hospital for four days straight to which I had no internet access. Then I stayed with her at her house and just came home yesterday evening. And if she had not had internet I would not have been able to get on or have any contact for that week and a half stint.
I would have felt horrible, but there would have been nothing I could do.

I would not write him off until at least you see he has signed back in, and still does not reply....Then at that point the negative feed back is up to you....I have yet to leave Negative feed back and probably wont unless some screws me over big time, but so far everyone I have met has been great. Look at my feedback and you can know those people are good to go. Now I will say I have had people say they wanted to buy X gun, and then stop replying to PM's, but I wouldn't leave negative feedback, but that's just me....

IMHO we had a deal. In two seperate PM he said "I'll take it if you can wait until next weekend." There doesn't seem to be any grey area in that.

I'm good with waiting a bit more, though, just to see if he turns up.

I'm new here and i get replies and pm's, everybody say's i'll take it or i want it . One guy even told me where he would meet me, what time and that he would call me later that night to follow up for the next day meet . . . never heard from him! Happened on several occasions , i say leave him negative feedback , i'm gonna start doing it!!

I wouldn't leave it until after the agreed meeting is missed, if it is. He may not be answering right now for good reason.

I agree with this ..................... but I also know we owe it to our fellow members to leave proper feeedback ...........good or bad ...

Back
Top Bottom