How many is too many?

I used to own ALLOT of firearms when I was younger. Like my knives, I had a back for everyone of my 6 edc's. Over time I began to reach for the same knife every day and the rest just ceased to matter

Years back I started consolidating them. Meaning quality over quantity. Instead of 10X similar $600 guns I would rather have 1X $6000 gun. I used to have an excel sheet that I would update often, but I stopped updating it in 2017-2018. The last count if I remember right was around 115 guns. I've since drastically consolidated them to roughly 60. However, they have an average price of around $10,500 each. I think I need about 20 more high end guns (mostly lacking in .50cal beltfeds and longrange), but I honestly think "around 50-60" is as much as you need quantity wise.

Years back I started consolidating them. Meaning quality over quantity. Instead of 10X similar $600 guns I would rather have 1X $6000 gun. I used to have an excel sheet that I would update often, but I stopped updating it in 2017-2018. The last count if I remember right was around 115 guns. I've since drastically consolidated them to roughly 60. However, they have an average price of around $10,500 each. I think I need about 20 more high end guns (mostly lacking in .50cal beltfeds and longrange), but I honestly think "around 50-60" is as much as you need quantity wise.
I stopped reading after you said you had 60 firearms with an average tag of $10,500.
You’re sitting on north of a half million dollars in firearms?
I’d ask why, but hell, if you have the means, why not? How often do you shoot them or are they just investment pieces?

I stopped reading after you said you had 60 firearms with an average tag of $10,500.
You’re sitting on north of a half million dollars in firearms?
I’d ask why, but hell, if you have the means, why not? How often do you shoot them or are they just investment pieces?
I know people with well over that in their collection. It's a collection thing for them. Not utilitarian whatsoever, although what they have as shooters drowns what most of us have.

Back
Top Bottom