• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How many of your can hold 1 MOA from your typical shooting position while hunting?

When hunting the power line, I shoot from a 20' tower stand with front & rear bags so I would say yes in this setup. Sitting in a ladder or climber, no way for me. But if I miss, I want it to be my fault - not the gun's.

Since so many spec'd <1MOA requirement on their hunting rifle, I wonder how many can realize it firing off hand, or slinged up, or leaning against the tree.
ZERO of them.

That's why I shoot clay pigeons and similar targets to get ready for hunting season. Most people have no clue that they actually suffer from target panic when faced with a true 8-point target out there beyond 50 yards.

ZERO of them.

That's why I shoot clay pigeons and similar targets to get ready for hunting season. Most people have no clue that they actually suffer from target panic when faced with a true 8-point target out there beyond 50 yards.

Only the inexperienced will have the target panic problem. It cracks me up when people freak out and lose all their faculties over a deer. I just don't understand...

Only the inexperienced will have the target panic problem. It cracks me up when people freak out and lose all their faculties over a deer. I just don't understand...
I've been hunting since I could walk. I don't know why but the first buck I ever shot in Georgia gave me the worst buck fever ever. I had shot multiple deer (bucks and does) prior to moving here and had shot a doe here but hadn't yet taken a buck in Georgia. This was several years ago but I had shot a doe out of this particular ground stand one evening. The very next morning in the exact same spot a young 8 pointer came walking towards me. I was shaking so bad that I actually had to put the rifle down because I was laughing at MYSELF! It was the most hysterical and ridiculous thing/feeling I can recall. I finally composed myself enough to get back on target and pull the trigger before the stupid thing was in my lap. I still smile when I think about it. I haven't had anything remotely close happen since despite killing much nicer bucks here since then, but I still smile every time I think about it. :)

I have a similar story... Haha.
Buck fever does wonders for blood pressure.
Glad it only happened once and I got it out of my system.
I still love the video of the little girl laughing at her adrenaline rush with her dad's buck.

Back
Top Bottom