• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How many of your can hold 1 MOA from your typical shooting position while hunting?

Better question might be how many of us can shoot in the thick stuff and not hit every one of the vines and branches along the way. Scopes have a great way of hiding all the fun stuff you have to shoot thru.

Better question might be how many of us can shoot in the thick stuff and not hit every one of the vines and branches along the way. Scopes have a great way of hiding all the fun stuff you have to shoot thru.

Isn't it amazing how line of SIGHT =/= line of FLIGHT?

Isn't it amazing how line of SIGHT =/= line of FLIGHT?

So true, and lets not forget pounding heart. I bet we could improve a lot of our shots if we practiced doing 25 jumping jacks first and then had 10 seconds to hit the target. I hunt so close (50 yd max) that when we see them, it always make might heart beat faster. Just trying to hold still with a buck staring at you from 5 yards will make you time has stopped.

So true, and lets not forget pounding heart. I bet we could improve a lot of our shots if we practiced doing 25 jumping jacks first and then had 10 seconds to hit the target. I hunt so close (50 yd max) that when we see them, it always make might heart beat faster. Just trying to hold still with a buck staring at you from 5 yards will make you time has stopped.

I honestly don't think I'd even take a shot out past 2-300 yards and even then I'd have to be feeding a starving family. ALL(almost said most) of the deer I've taken were inside 100 yards. I don't get buck fever but I just don't see well enough to make sniper shots. And I'd hate to wing a deer and take so long walking to where it was when I hit it that it'd die a slow death of cancer before I ever tracked it down. ;)

That pretty much pegged my entire archery season last year.
I didn't shoot a deer longer than 30 yards away.
Most of them were under 10 yards.
One of them looked at me three times and basically told me I better make something happen or it was going to bolt.
Put it's head down one more time And I drove a bolt right between the shoulder blades at the base of the neck.
Lights out.
Gawd... I love schwacker broad heads.

Back
Top Bottom