• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much free work have you been asked to do prior to being offered a job?

Don't give away what you sell.
What he said^^^^^^^^^^^

if-you-re-good-at-something-never-do-it-for-free.jpg

Just an update, I got sick of messing around and asked the hard questions.

"I'm concerned that I am being mislead just so you can judge my reaction. My time is valuable. You reached out to me knowing I am currently gainfully employeed. This is taking time away from family. I want to work with you, but we need to agree to be honest with each other. I need to understand what business reason necessitated the need for this project at this particular point in time. If I don't fully understand the reasoning I will unfortunately not be able to effectively proceed with a plan that meets your end goal."

The answer I got was somewhat comforting. The VP of operations sent me an email requesting me to call him. I didn't, so he called me. He explained that he appreciated the way I was handling this process and They have never had to actively generate outbound business as they had more inbound business than they could handle. Times have changed and they have double digit growth goals to hit. They did some research, saw this is what other businesses are doing and want to do it. They have an idea but none of them have the time or expertise to do it. That's why they are looking to hire someone soon.

I have another meeting next week to pull in the VP of sales and present my proposal. We will see how that goes.

I'm not concerned about them " stealing my ideas". This isn't novel stuff that only I can do. It's actually just industry standard. 10 minutes on google and anyone can discuss demand waterfalls, drip marketing and lead nurturing. The question is why they haven't done it, when everyone else did 20-30 years ago...
I have no idea what any of that is. You have my vote!

You don't want that job.

Those guys are scum.

They are definitely not worth considering for even asking.

(Plus, I think there are serious issues with having some non-employee or contractor present to the board.)

Give them your presentation in 2 halves or two 15 min intervals. Blow them away with the 1st 15 min. Tell them to hire you for the second half.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom