• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much information are you comfortable sharing with neighbors?

I have one person who I trust that lives next door. Id be cool for him to come over but thats it. Id need someone else to help out with boarding up. Watched a show last night about how the police reacted during hurricane katrina... It shocked me. Best thing you can do during crisis is find a way to get the hell away from the police. They were shooting unarmed people all over the place. Its not the looters you need to be worried about...

I have one person who I trust that lives next door. Id be cool for him to come over but thats it. Id need someone else to help out with boarding up. Watched a show last night about how the police reacted during hurricane katrina... It shocked me. Best thing you can do during crisis is find a way to get the hell away from the police. They were shooting unarmed people all over the place. Its not the looters you need to be worried about...

Take that CNN **** with a grain of salt. I was there, and know a ton of people who were there (katrina - NOLA) and it was not exactly like the liberal press will paint it. There were issues, and yes, people did get shot, some good shoots, some bad. It happens. If you had just lost everything you own and were told to stay in that place when all hell was breaking loose with no extra ammo or food, and worried about your family at the same time I think your nerves would be frazzled as well. Not an excuse, just something for you to think about. In an ideal situation, the police could be your best allies. New Orleans PD reflected the city which it served. Liberal and majority poor and black. The ones that stayed behind did the best they could considering the situation. There were people shooting at the cops left and right. Combine that with cops working in unsanitary conditions, little to no food, little sleep and you should get the picture....

Take that CNN **** with a grain of salt. I was there, and know a ton of people who were there (katrina - NOLA) and it was not exactly like the liberal press will paint it. There were issues, and yes, people did get shot, some good shoots, some bad. It happens. If you had just lost everything you own and were told to stay in that place when all hell was breaking loose with no extra ammo or food, and worried about your family at the same time I think your nerves would be frazzled as well. Not an excuse, just something for you to think about. In an ideal situation, the police could be your best allies. New Orleans PD reflected the city which it served. Liberal and majority poor and black. The ones that stayed behind did the best they could considering the situation. There were people shooting at the cops left and right. Combine that with cops working in unsanitary conditions, little to no food, little sleep and you should get the picture....

CNN was not the only news outlet that has the info im talking about. They were also going door to door taking peoples firearms. During an event like that one... the last allie I will be looking for would be a police officer. I understand they were in a stressfull situation... but shooting unarmed people??? NO. I will not cut them slack on that. IT has nothing to do with liberal press or anything like that. Some of the people they shot did not even have weapons. Shooting someone who is shooting at you is just fine in my book BUT what went down on the danziger bridge was UNCALLED FOR! Then they tried to cover it up. NOT COOL! Im not saying all of the officers of the NOPD were doing this...BUT some were. Thats why I prepare to the point I wont need the police.

Read up. It might shock you a bit.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6063982

Last edited:
CNN was not the only news outlet that has the info im talking about. They were also going door to door taking peoples firearms. During an event like that one... the last allie I will be looking for would be a police officer. I understand they were in a stressfull situation... but shooting unarmed people??? NO. I will not cut them slack on that. IT has nothing to do with liberal press or anything like that. Some of the people they shot did not even have weapons. Shooting someone who is shooting at you is just fine in my book BUT what went down on the danziger bridge was UNCALLED FOR! Then they tried to cover it up. NOT COOL! Im not saying all of the officers of the NOPD were doing this...BUT some were. Thats why I prepare to the point I wont need the police.

Read up. It might shock you a bit.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6063982

Not at all. NPR is worse than CNN. I don't have to "read up on it" I was there and am from there. I know of NO nopd officers that confiscated guns. Every video real I have seen has been california or NY/NJ doing that. I personally know Mike Hunter from the danzinger bridge incident, I went to police academy with him. He is a decent human being. They made bad mistakes, and the ones that were with him did horrible things. I agree, and I am not excusing their actions, however you cannot paint a 1400 man police force by the actions of a few officers. I know there are bad ones there - 3 threatened to kill me, part of the reason I left. But there are a ton of really good pro 2nd guys there as well. I know because I was one of them.

Last edited:
Not at all. NPR is worse than CNN. I don't have to "read up on it" I was there and am from there. I know of NO nopd officers that confiscated guns. Every video real I have seen has been california or NY/NJ doing that. I personally know Mike Hunter from the danzinger bridge incident, I went to police academy with him. He is a decent human being. They made bad mistakes, and the ones that were with him did horrible things. I agree, and I am not excusing their actions, however you cannot paint a 1400 man police force by the actions of a few officers. I know there are bad ones there - 3 threatened to kill me, part of the reason I left. But there are a ton of really good pro 2nd guys there as well. I know because I was one of them.

Im not saying that I paint a 1400 police force because of the actions of a few officers. But the point is in an event like that... How do I know im not looking at one of the bad officers til its too late... Which is why in an event like that it would be best to handle stuff on your own. That is unless you have no other choice. Which is why I prepare now....

Last edited:
Im not saying that I paint a 1400 police force because of the actions of a few officers. But the point is in an event like that... How do I know im not looking at one of the bad officers til its too late... Which is why in an event like that it would be best to handle stuff on your own. That is unless you have no other choice. Which is why I prepare now....

Time to find out is now. Not when it hits the fan.

Anyone interested in forming a group for training, establishing a shtf security force etc.. for people who live in the same geographical area? I live in the north ga mountains, but like folks have said, the more folks you have on your team, the more resources available. you can also provide better security for your family in a shtf senario. Security will be a big issue when you have folks leaving the inner city looking for resources.

I think learning how to use what is available from the land would be way more valuable than trying to store a crap load of supplies. What happens if you get over run and someone takes all of your supplies? what then? Learn to use what mother nature has provided.

I have two neighbors that I can trust. My best friend and his wife. Luckily my best friend lives next door to me. We live in an apartment and from what i can tell, we are the only ones preparing if some stuff was gonna go down. My neighbors are so caught up in the b.s. I don't think they stop to look around and see what is really going on in this country. I guess 4 is better than just me and my wife. I don't talk about this stuff with my neighbors b/c as SOCOM and others say, they would think we are paranoid weirdos who want to run around in the woods and play Rambo. I don't want to have to live in the woods for a couple of days. But if God forbid, something happened, I want to be prepared if that was the case. As someone said before, if it looked like a couple of days was going to turn into weeks, i would take my wife and go to my family's house at lake hartwell. I'm working on a BOB as we speak. I've got two bags on aluminum frames. One with all my food, water, first aid, some clothes, and a small amount of ammo for each gun. The other has cooking equipment, lighting, shelter/sleeping, maps/compass, and other odds and ends. I figure we can both carry a pack. There are still some things that I am needing to buy. But I don't tell my neighbors that stuff. I'm hoping that if we did have to go into the woods that I would meet like minded, good people, that want to band together for protection and preservation. People can get very selfish when the mind goes into a survivalist mode, and though I don't mind helping, I'm not like Obama, I'm not gonna take from the "haves" and give it to the "have nots" because they weren't prepared. Just my opinion. Let me know if you agree.

I'm cool about meeting BuckSlayer. My Grandfather said you can never know too many good people. I'm in the belief that I can always learn more. Having people you can count on is always a good idea.

We need to get a head count of how many people might be interested. This will not be a political group, but just people getting together focused on learning the skills necessary to survive a SHTF senario. If anyone knows primitive skills that would be awesome for the group to learn. I know some, but would love to expand my skills.

Back
Top Bottom