• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How not to CCW

Ok, This is going simply off the video and not the news article posted below. He said that the kid tried to run him off the road. I wouldn't call him a scum bag per se. He was wearing khaki's with his shirt tucked in, driving a nice SUV and the wife looked well dressed as well.
I've met plenty of scum bags in khakis and tucked in shirts. The man is lucky his actions only got him an ass whoppin and not a tombstone. Doesn't matter what the other guy did. You can only control your actions. This guy did a terrible job at managing his. I hope they put him in jail for about 5 to 10.

"Rolling" hit it spot on. If they ran him off the road and almost killed his family he should have called the Law. Whenever I am with family, I would never offensively engage anyone in a combative situation like this guy did. My family could easily become victims if Im not successful and thats exactly what happened-he engaged these guys, was unsuccessful and his wife ends up in jail trying to help him.

If you draw down on me you had better damn well kill me....cause I am going to kill you.

Now withthat said, I would never allow someone to come and get me out of my vehicle before the law showed up, nor would I provoke a fight with anyone over something so stupid as a minor accident.

Things like this are a good wake up call. I almost got ran off the road Easter sunday driving to my in-laws. I had my wife and two kids in the car. I got pissed. Royally pissed. But, I bit my lip and wished I was by myself. (although, I still wouldn't have done anything). I can see how that anger can rage inside you for a split second. Although in this guys case, in the 40 minutes he spent chasing the guy he should have cooled off enough to realize that was a bad idea. And I don't know what woman with her children in the car wouldn't insist her husband stop chasing a bunch of kids.

I have experience with calling the law for both aggressive drivers and hit and run drivers, if no one was injured they couldnt care less. If you insist they will take a report and if you hurry out the door after filing it you wont hear them snicker.

Back
Top Bottom