• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to dispose of a house from the 1850's

Most folks would just use a dump truck and back up to someone's vacant (and unobserved) lot and dump the load. This makes it YP and not MP. At least that's my observation in the Maconga region of GA.

And is why folks have to put gates up on property they own and do not stay on.

My grandmother still lives on the old family farm which still has my great grandmothers vacant house on the property. My grandmother will be moving to assisted living at some point in the future when we're able to talk her into it. I've mentioned being interested in harvesting some of the pine and hardwood from the house if it were ever demolished. We know the exterior has asbestos shingle siding and there will obviously be lead paint. Knowing this, what are our real options for disposing of the house properly (but w/o notifying gov agencies if possible)? The house sits 100 ft off a main hwy so it will be obvious when something is done to it. I'm guessing the fire dept won't do a practice burn with the siding. Anybody dealt with this? Or......should someone accidentally stuff newspaper into the fuse box? :rolleyes:
yes yes yes u bag everything special bags of course, and wear a canister mask, we have done many in the last 15 yrs. bill

Between the lead paint and the already mentioned asbestos issue, a government agency will have to be involved.

Only contractors with specialized licenses can dispose of anything that contains lead paint. Know that if you're trying to work around the government on the lead paint issue, you're playing with federal laws. I cannot advise you either way, but me... I'd try to preserve the home. Then again, I'm a sentimental kind of guy that reveres history.

Between the lead paint and the already mentioned asbestos issue, a government agency will have to be involved.

Only contractors with specialized licenses can dispose of anything that contains lead paint. Know that if you're trying to work around the government on the lead paint issue, you're playing with federal laws. I cannot advise you either way, but me... I'd try to preserve the home. Then again, I'm a sentimental kind of guy that reveres history.

Be cheaper to run vinyl siding, put a new roof on and keep the grass cut.

Most folks would just use a dump truck and back up to someone's vacant (and unobserved) lot and dump the load. This makes it YP and not MP. At least that's my observation in the Maconga region of GA.
Better idea, get that free camper, stuff it all in there and then abandon that.....lol

Back
Top Bottom