• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunter Town Arms making some changes

I didnt realize their was a difference, or do you mean their "308" can. Mine was the 7.62 AK can.

They make a Kestrel 762AK and a Kestrel 762. The Kestrel 762 is longer, weighs more, and is rated for more calibers. In my opinion the Kestrel 762AK is basically a can designed for the AK platform that is over bored due to a high probibilty of un concentric threads. I've got one of the AK cans and it's not the best can but it does make the rifle hearing safe as advertised. I was overly dissapointed to discover it was not rated for 762x54 after purchaseing.

I've heard great things about the Kestrel 308, and just the opposite for the Kestrel 762AK which is pretty much built specifically for AK rifles but rated for other calibers. I don't think the AK can on different hosts is an accurate representation of HTA's quality or level of suppression generally speaking. I have a Guardian 9 that I've shot side by side with other cans and I'm very pleased with it's level of suppression, ease of maintenance, and construction. . .especially for what I paid for it.

Back
Top Bottom