• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hunting apps.

Backcountry it works great even with no cell service. It has option to mark spots and keep track of your travels.

My tracks on android is what a use.
My going to check out that backcountry app

But on my tablet I use Trimble outdoors to scout areas preseason.
I don't know if you knew this but google and bing maps are taken in 2 different seasons. I use it a lot to compare on the lakes cause google is summer pool level and bing is winter pool level. So with bing you have less leaves on trees to look around at areas. Then I switch to google to tell where the thickest areas are.

Screenshot of my tracks changed name at top before the screenshot cause I know there's a few on here that hunt the same area and would know that area.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_Screenshot_2013_10_03_21_19_36.png

Last edited:
I use Scoutlook Hunting Weather. Its available for ios and android, and works great in my opinion. Here's the description from the app store..

Description
The ScoutLook® Weather App, brought to you by Mossy Oak, is a world-class resource for weather details, geocoded to your exact locations.
ScoutLook provides map-based integration of weather details including radar, wind activity, solunar times, lunar phase, hourly barometric changes, and other data hunters use to decide where, when and how to hunt. ScoutLook delivers the information you need to plan your hunt, just the way you need it. It's like nothing you've ever seen before!
*****We are pleased to announce the release of ScoutLook's update version (1.042). This update addresses the stability issue experienced by users with older devices, as well as location detection, and Null information in certain locations. We are completely committed to world class hunting weather tools and customer service, and we thank you for your understanding and supportScentCone and SetZone Wind Maps are the first of their kind, delivering visual wind forecasts for your treestands and duck blinds for 72 hours. With these powerful maps, you can select which areas to hunt based on future wind conditions. Currently, ScoutLook weather provides maps and weather data for the continental United States.

Back
Top Bottom