Hunting camp thieves

Yes, it always seemed like it would be easier to work than be looking over your shoulder all the time. Did you get that shotgun back?
Sadly I did not. It was an in expensive gun but is was given to me by a friend that lives in Southern Ontario Canada. He told me I needed a camp gun. We deer hunted opening week together every yr. The thieves went to jail for a gun that probably wasn’t worth $100.

Some of us used to leave our campers unlocked all year in the club I was in. The thieves would do more damage trying to pry the doors open. I wouldn’t leave anything of any value in mine, not even the fire extinguisher. It seems the thieves figured if the door was locked there must be something valuable inside.
We had an issue with people breaking in to our work vans and box truck at the warehouse so we'd just leave them unlocked and remove all valuables. Then one day we came in and one of the vans doors was just sitting open so we knew somebody had been in there. They stole the cheap spare tire jack...
That's when I learned people will literally steal anything.

Some of us used to leave our campers unlocked all year in the club I was in. The thieves would do more damage trying to pry the doors open. I wouldn’t leave anything of any value in mine, not even the fire extinguisher. It seems the thieves figured if the door was locked there must be something valuable inside.
Mine has been unlocked since 1999 never had a problem.

Please educate the ignorant. Is it because it's last week of the season? Just curious.
Deer camps are left unattended for weeks after deer season goes out,therefore the thieves know they will be no one around for several weeks and those camps are scattered All over ga.most people live several to hundreds of miles from there leased or personal property so it’s left unattended.

Wasn't stolen from me but this forestry machine was stolen from someone and 'hid' on my family 50a property in Stockbridge recently. Had not been there 48hrs before the installed gps location was given to LEO. Whomever put it there stole both trail cams (admittedly in plan view, didn't think the deer would care about it)
Had two jonboats stolen. One at Sinclair and one from the pond across from me. I really like the idea about whacking a hand off the thief.

Attachments

• ~b095785.jpeg
    ~b095785.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 44
Deer camps are left unattended for weeks after deer season goes out,therefore the thieves know they will be no one around for several weeks and those camps are scattered All over ga.most people live several to hundreds of miles from there leased or personal property so it’s left unattended.

Those dirty bastards.

When I had a camper on a lease 200 miles from home I went the unlocked route. Nothing in there worth the trouble of stealing. It was really a fancy tent. I hunted till dark everyday and meals were at a “cook shack” had a tarp set up for a “trucker bath”

Back
Top Bottom