• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting law question

Coyote Fact Sheet DNR: Trapping and/or hunting are additional solutions against nuisance coyotes. Because coyotes are a non-native species in Georgia, there is no closed season for their harvest. Foot hold or live traps can be used to capture animals. However, coyotes may prove difficult to deceive with traps and hunting may be a better solution. When hunting, predator or animal-in-distress calls are effective methods of luring in a coyote. Coyotes are valued for their thick, attractive fur and are harvested seasonally for commercial use of their pelts.

Might be coming to D'ville to set up shop :)

Counties are allowed to restrict, or even ban, discharging firearms, including for hunting or varmint elimination.
I don't know what Douglas County's ordinances say about shooting or hunting, but you may want to check on that.
State law, the Game and Fish code, is NOT the only law that matters here.

Counties are allowed to restrict, or even ban, discharging firearms, including for hunting or varmint elimination.
I don't know what Douglas County's ordinances say about shooting or hunting, but you may want to check on that.

Sage advice.

I've seen your book on Amazon...any chance there will be a Kindle version released? Hoop

No e-book in the near future. We are concerned about unauthorized sharing (copyright violations) and there is significant cost in having the text reformatted for mobile devices.
For now, it's paper only.
If we did an e-version, I wonder how that would impact sales of the printed booklets.

Trapping and/or hunting are additional solutions against nuisance coyotes. Because coyotes are a non-native species in Georgia, there is no closed season for their harvest. Foot hold or live traps can be used to capture animals. However, coyotes may prove difficult to deceive with traps and hunting may be a better solution. When hunting, predator or animal-in-distress calls are effective methods of luring in a coyote. Coyotes are valued for their thick, attractive fur and are harvested seasonally for commercial use of their pelts.

http://georgiawildlife.com/node/1391

There is 275 acres of wooded land right across the road from my house and 164 acres surround my property on both sides and behind it. Just about every night around 9 ish I can hear packs of coyotes howling and raising sand. when I want them to shut up and move on I step out and fire off a couple rounds and that usually does the trick. Funny though, it's very seldom I see one. Even though many times they sound close enough to throw a rock and hit one.

Oh yeah. My wife has about 25 or so "pet" deer. Every day around sunset they come out to within 20-25 feet of our carport to eat the corn she spreads out for them. Whenever they come out before the corn has been soread, they all just back up about 10 ft or so while she spreads it. When she gets done they come up and chow down.

Back
Top Bottom