• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting Property Help for a Novice

Abraswell50

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
18   0
Reaction score
Hey all!

Hoping someone can help educate me on the best next steps. I have been hunting on and off for about five years now and I'm ready to take the plunge and join a club or something to that effect for the 23 -24 season. I live in Hogansville, Ga but not really sure where to start for finding a solid club. Any pointers or recommendations would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Adam B.

I can’t offer any help here but I will be anxiously reading replies. My wife and I are seriously considering a move to N Georgia to live 7 months of yr. The other 5 will be in Naples Florida. In doing so I will have to sell my NY hunting property. I’m curious as to how the “club thing” works down there and if the WMAs offer any quality hunting.

So I have looked at alot of forums and understandably we are at end of season so there is minimal activity. While I am newish to hunting im not new to firearms and hunting on WMA's makes me extremely nervous when I see the way people act on them. I have seen to much wild stuff on WMA's to catch me out there in deer season haha.
Im in south GA now just south of newnan.

So I have looked at alot of forums and understandably we are at end of season so there is minimal activity. While I am newish to hunting im not new to firearms and hunting on WMA's makes me extremely nervous when I see the way people act on them. I have seen to much wild stuff on WMA's to catch me out there in deer season haha.
Im in south GA now just south of newnan.
Newnan is not South GA fyi.

Good luck on your quest I spoke with some folks Saturday who were discussing the difficulty of finding good leases.

I saw West GA.

Its more North than south

I consider Columbus more middle.

Technically we are in the Piedmont region of GA but for ODT I saw West what say the ODT?
I wouldn't normally consider anything south of Atlanta as "north" but semantics I guess lol! Yeah not sure what the deal is with leases not being available I feel like back when I went hunting for the first time there was a million clubs to join now I dont see any.

Back
Top Bottom