• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hunting report 11/18/14

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
Anyone score?

I saw nothing but squirrels for the morning and the evening hunt.

Wasn't too cold out.....only 25 deg in the sunshine......loving my insulated Wahls brand coveralls.......thems puppies are toasty.

Had three does walk by. The lead doe was a huge old nanny goat but when I heard footsteps behind her and saw movement I let her walk. That's the downside to this time of year when the deer behind a doe could be a big old buck. It ended up being two smaller does that got a pass as well.
That's a slow afternoon for the property I was hunting. Wind wasn't that bad this evening. Maybe the sustained high pressure is putting them to bed.

Last edited:
Yep, learned my lesson on that scenario.

Being a meat hunter, I will take the big doe and if she is being chased by a buck he still may be so razzed by estrous that he will continue to pursue her dead on the ground.

My buddy got a threefer last year this way........he said it was the best scent wick he ever used..LOL.

My son texted me from his school bus this morning that an 8 pt. buck was standing on the side of the road and stood there as they picked up kids by STONE MILL subdivision in Powder Springs. I told him that it was GOOD LUCK and we should hit the woods this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom