• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting secondary sidearm?

A compact 9mm or .38 spl snubby, in an inside waistband holster, worn at the small of my back, so that my rifle's buttstock will not bump against the pistol's grip while I am walking with the rifle sling on my shoulder.

If the handgun I'm carrying is the 38, the first chamber of the cylinder to fire will have a spreadshot in it-- made for rats and snakes. This would be my snake dispatching load.
Next up would be 4 defensive +P hollowpoints.

Knife, I occasionally carry a S&W 360PD revolver. Where I hunt everything runs away from you, even the snakes and ground tortoises run for the hills. I guess if I was hunting unfamiliar land I might carry a side arm regularly.

Hey, wanted to see/hear what you all carry on your hip or chest while you hunt/fish/hike. Also curious if any of you use a weapon mounted light or not.

What say you?
I used to have all kinda crap. Now if im bow hunting in deepnll or unfamiliar i will have a sidearm. If i have a rifle. Just my light and a skinner. Fishing. A knife and pliers. Ive been in some of the scariest situations that yiu would prepare for and never needed all that extra crap.
Gator...walk away, snake.....walk away, bear.....just say arghhhhhh! Really loud with ur hands up, shark......still on the fence but definitly do not wade up to ur shoulder with bait in ur pockets

Back
Top Bottom