• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting secondary sidearm?

Not really. I live in a small town of 1200, everyone knows everyone. Outside of that yes. In the woods, not as much anymore a good flashlight has served me better than a weapon
You must be very weight conscious if you have to choose between a flashlight and a handgun. Lol.

Seriously though, i don't think most people carry a handgun in the woods for SD. I carry mine because, if the opportunity presents itself, I will take a big game animal with the handgun. I will also carry it when small game hunting in case big game happens by. I will also occasionally carry a .22 handgun when big game hunting. Especially if I'm in an area that has Fox Squirrels.

Model 29, 4", Bianchi leather shoulder holster,
DSC01107.JPG

I carry a Glock 19 sidearm. But it's because that's my normal CC gun anyways. I especially carry it if I'm out hiking or fishing. Never know what kind of weird stuff or bad folks you may run up on. You run in to some weird folks on the trails sometimes. I've been hiking and been approached by a meth head that looked like he was living out there. It felt better knowing I had it on me, even though I didn't have to use it. Another time I was out fishing in a kayak and had a guy in a boat come up on me because I was "in his spot" and he get a little aggressive coming towards my kayak. Again, didn't have to use it but felt more confidant with it on me.

Back
Top Bottom