• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting with Silencers/suppressors

A schill for some obscure suppressor company and don't even know the laws. Eeek. May need to brush up on some basics.
Guys, I'm not a schill, look at my avatar, it's obvious I work for a silencer company. I'm not a decoy for anything. My job was to test several gun trader sites from around the country to see which are a viable market. If you look, we have one of our silencers for sale on this site to test reaction! After our 60 day test, either you will see more of our silencers for sale on this site, or you won't see me at all. It a simple math question. And yes, I'm working in some states that allow silencers, but not hunting with silencers. I simply made an error. My Bad.

I have seen a friends gun change in point of impact by 2 feet at 50 yards. But, his was an AAC steel can, one of their first available, attached to a pencil barrel Remington model 7.....he still uses that same gun but recently bought one of the newer generation light weight cans and is now only seeing a POI in the inches range. A large POI shift is possible depending on the setup. Personally, I run an omega and a decent weight short barrel and have no POI that I can detect.

39 states allow hunting with silencers. Why doesn't Georgia? I have two pre-teen kids that enjoy shooting and hunting, but you know they don't put earplugs in right and keeping ear muffs around that fit then is near impossible it's just better to use a silencer. No one uses earplugs while hunting anyway. just easier.
I’m sure someone has already said this. But June of 2017 I think, HB60 was passed so you can hunt with cans.

I'm so confused. You rep for a suppressor company but are asking questions on suppressor hunting laws and your name is SilencerGuy? You also seem to indicate that you believe a huge POI shift is normal. If the plan is to come on here and push your brand of suppressors, I probably would have chosen a different route. But by all means, welcome to the ODT and tell us what makes your suppressors one worthy of our dollars. I am all ears.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I already made my apologize on another comment, so as far as why our suppressor worth of your dollars, it's easier to watch then to read. If you would like to see a review of our Defender D9 by a SWAT commander, below is a link. Thanks

https://www.acadianarmament.com/d9-videos

Guys, I'm not a schill, look at my avatar, it's obvious I work for a silencer company. I'm not a decoy for anything. My job was to test several gun trader sites from around the country to see which are a viable market. If you look, we have one of our silencers for sale on this site to test reaction! After our 60 day test, either you will see more of our silencers for sale on this site, or you won't see me at all. It a simple math question. And yes, I'm working in some states that allow silencers, but not hunting with silencers. I simply made an error. My Bad.

We suffer from the normal, internet suspicion syndrome. Mall ninjas and keyboard operators have thrown around loose information from time to time. We do have some adults that are fluent in the industry or have vast experience. The informed members smell blood in the water if things seem a little nonsensical. They are always willing to listen to better alternatives or new products that are beneficial.

If you come North Ga, PM me. I would love to shoot your suppressors next to some of mine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I’m sure someone has already said this. But June of 2017 I think, HB60 was passed so you can hunt with cans.
We suffer from the normal, internet suspicion syndrome. Mall ninjas and keyboard operators have thrown around loose information from time to time. We do have some adults that are fluent in the industry or have vast experience. The informed members smell blood in the water if things seem a little nonsensical. They are always willing to listen to better alternatives or new products that are beneficial.
Thanks, and for the record, you will never hear me say that we are the best silencers in the world. We are not the most quite silencer, by 2%. We are not the smallest silencer. We are not the lightest, by several oz. And we sure are not the cheapest silencer by far. We are different, that's all. We are not "One-size-fits-all". Our silencers are very specific task orientated and until recently, we have only dealt with government agencies. We've been around a couple of years, so we aren't really an obscure start-up, but if a small group of guys striking out on their own is offensive, I apologize. We're not saying we've invented the best lightbulb, but it's a cool one.

By the way, if you are law enforcement, you should send me a private message. I know I'm doing the whole internet thing, buy my real job is demonstrating to government agencies.

Back
Top Bottom