• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Husqvarna Z242F Zero turn mower feedback...

Residential use... I have the option for either the Kohler or Kawasaki engine.

I researched the crap out of zero turn mowers last year. I was about to go with a Husqvarna, but stumbled up on a deal on a different manufacturer. Husqvarna and Gravely seem to be good, solid mowers for the money. Go with the Kawasaki engine and a welded deck, and you'll be a happy camper.

From what I understand, several years ago, Kohler chased the mass produced big box mower engine market, their quality suffered greatly, and their reputation took a beating. They have since then tried to refocus their efforts back on quality. The newer Kohler engines are much better, but they're not a Kawasaki.

I pulled the trigger on a Bad Boy MZ Magnum 48" fabricated deck with a Kawasaki engine... pick it up tomorrow.
2000000004.jpg

I researched the crap out of zero turn mowers last year. I was about to go with a Husqvarna, but stumbled up on a deal on a different manufacturer. Husqvarna and Gravely seem to be good, solid mowers for the money. Go with the Kawasaki engine and a welded deck, and you'll be a happy camper.

From what I understand, several years ago, Kohler chased the mass produced big box mower engine market, their quality suffered greatly, and their reputation took a beating. They have since then tried to refocus their efforts back on quality. The newer Kohler engines are much better, but they're not a Kawasaki.

I was in the same boat but went with a Toro. A zero turn will definitely change your life. I was push mowing a hilly acre and it was taking me about 4 hours including blowing and weedeating. Now it takes me a little over an hour to do all of it.

Back
Top Bottom