crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Date: 10/2/2013

Water Temp: 76

Weather: Sunny, 75 degrees

Pretty good morning on Allatoona. All the core of engineer's boat ramps are closed as far as I know so we had to put in at Red Top mountain.

Fished with live threadfin shad on downlines, most fish came at 30-40 ft deep in 60-80 feet of water right off the main river channel mid lake. Started off a little slow but once the sun came out it was on! Had two "triples" and boated a total of 31 fish with the majority of them being 3 to 5lb hybrids. The fishing has been so good lately that I bought a fish clicker so I could keep track of how many had been caught. We tried some flat lines early in the morning but they didn't seem interested in those like they were the last couple times I was out. In early to mid September I was catching fish in the same areas but they all came on flatlines pulled 40-50 feet behind the boat.

Hopefully this weather pattern will stay for a few days and we can hit them again on Friday. I'll be sure to post up and let you know how we do.

IMG_20131002_103339.jpg
IMG_20131002_090111.jpg
2013-10-02 09.42.31.jpg

Let me know if you go to Carters!! I'll pay the cost for fuel and bait...Need a couple to grill soon..I know the patterns on the stripers there..DD

The lake still looks pretty high for this time of year as well. Normally it's down about 6' by now.

This is my first year really fishing Allatoona so I can't really say.

Let me know if you go to Carters!! I'll pay the cost for fuel and bait...Need a couple to grill soon..I know the patterns on the stripers there..DD

I love Carter's, we've been wearing 'em out when we are able to get up there.

Any idea if there are any ramps open up there? I know the one I use is a corps ramp so I am guessing it is closed due to the government shutdown. Who runs doll mountain?

This is my first year really fishing Allatoona so I can't really say.

I love Carter's, we've been wearing 'em out when we are able to get up there.

Any idea if there are any ramps open up there? I know the one I use is a corp ramp so I am guessing it is closed due to the government shutdown. Who runs doll mountain?

Doll Mountain is also closed..That is the one I used to use, Now if I still had a boat, I would put in at the Marina..DD

Doll Mountain is also closed..That is the one I used to use, Now if I still had a boat, I would put in at the Marina..DD

That's a good idea, and the great thing about Carter's is you're never farther than a five minute boat ride from any point on the lake. We had to drive almost 20 minutes each way to get to where I normally net bait this morning.

Ill prob be hittin allatooona tommo

I am now fired up! Thanks!

No problem! Please post a report and let us know how you do, I really want to get the fishing section up and going.

Back
Top Bottom