• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hybrid bite is on fire right now

I still have my cast net, I used to go to the spillway on the Re-Reg dam with my, Super Bait tank II but the water now is moving to fast due to all the rain..Got plenty of Gizzards but tore up more than one net doing it..Good luck and PM if you need or want company..DD

I had a 19 ft Ski Barge and did just fine..It is one of the deepest lakes in Georgia..Just need to know where to go. Depth finder is your friend..DD

Steve,
If you want to fish Lanier, let me know. You can use the ramp at my club. During the week the place is empty.

I don't really fish Lanier much in the Summer, the lake is so big and it takes a while to find the fish if you're not on it everyday. I'll probably be up there a good bit this winter.

That's a good idea, and the great thing about Carter's is you're never farther than a five minute boat ride from any point on the lake. We had to drive almost 20 minutes each way to get to where I normally net bait this morning.

No problem! Please post a report and let us know how you do, I really want to get the fishing section up and going.

Will do...were gonna put in at redtop early...where is a good place to get shad and how early are they open?..ill bring a castnet too, is there a good spot to get em?.
Any additional advice on how to find the hybrids?...i dont get skunked anymore fishing plastics at alatonna but the hybrid thing is new to me

thanks!

Will do...were gonna put in at redtop early...where is a good place to get shad and how early are they open?..ill bring a castnet too, is there a good spot to get em?.
Any additional advice on how to find the hybrids?...i dont get skunked anymore fishing plastics at alatonna but the hybrid thing is new to me

thanks!

You can check Striper Soup in Acworth for shad, I believe they open around 6, but be prepared to pay a small fortune for them. If you try to catch your own just be sure to get there early and put out a hydroglow or some other light and bait should show up. I'd probably try over by the DNR docks and then maybe in some of the creek mouths around there (for shad that is)

Keep your eyes open for busting fish, my best spots on Allatoona have been found by seeing spotted bass jumping as I'm driving by. It seems wherever they are busting you can usually find some hybrids or white bass under them or near by.

You can check Striper Soup in Acworth for shad, I believe they open around 6, but be prepared to pay a small fortune for them. If you try to catch your own just be sure to get there early and put out a hydroglow or some other light and bait should show up. I'd probably try over by the DNR docks and then maybe in some of the creek mouths around there (for shad that is)

Keep your eyes open for busting fish, my best spots on Allatoona have been found by seeing spotted bass jumping as I'm driving by. It seems wherever they are busting you can usually find some hybrids or white bass under them or near by.

Got it thanks.. looks like my trip tomorrow is scrubbed but we may get out Friday. I'm looking forward to getting some pics up!

Won't be long before you can use Rainbows, Get a few Umbrella rigs, they work well also if one dosn't work the other might...I used to use those ..Sometimes lead line, or down riggers, or planer boards, or balloons..It all depends at what depth they are at and what turns them on!! Good luck DD

Back
Top Bottom