• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hybrid bite is on fire right now

Got it thanks.. looks like my trip tomorrow is scrubbed but we may get out Friday. I'm looking forward to getting some pics up!

I should be out there on Friday if everything goes to plan, what kind of boat will you be in? If I see you I'll come over and say hello.

I don't really fish Lanier much in the Summer, the lake is so big and it takes a while to find the fish if you're not on it everyday. I'll probably be up there a good bit this winter.

The invitation is open if you ever want/need it. Lake side camping is pretty sweet.

We finally made it up today after a late start..no luck finding hybrids or white bass but i put 4 large mouths on the boat with plastics...biggest was about 3 pounds...all catch n release as always

We finally made it up today after a late start..no luck finding hybrids or white bass but i put 4 large mouths on the boat with plastics...biggest was about 3 pounds...all catch n release as always

I think they are primarily a live bait fish right now, although I did manage one on a jigging spoon, I couldn't resist trying when they were that thick.

I think they are primarily a live bait fish right now, although I did manage one on a jigging spoon, I couldn't resist trying when they were that thick.

yup.. I figured we prob didn't have the right "bait holder set up" to keep shad alive if we bought them in Ackworth and we didnt get there early enough to net em..So we went after hybrids with jumbo shiners but only came across one good surface boil in several hours and didn't get on em in time to throw some shiners down...So we changed gear and hit the banks for Largemouth with good old plastic worms, Carolina rigged..It was a great day regardless.. Since we were in a small jet boat with no prop and shallow draft we were able to get far back into the fingers and creeks...

Good times!

Back
Top Bottom