• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hypothetical Pistol Cartridges

View attachment 318310

You shoot it first....I'm not touching it.
3.....2.....1..... image.jpg

Not sure if any versions off the 45 ACP , I could look it up, but then you could as well!
the 45 acp is such a low pressure round that dropping to a smaller projectile would I think just result in an inferior round?
the biggest thing the 45 acp has going for it is the mass of the size/weight projectile it shoots.
you couldn't really take advantage of the better newer powders as the brass isn't built to withstand the added pressures.
anyway just my wandering thoughts on it.
OF course one of the older conversions that were actually chambered in guns was the 357/44 baines and davis that was a 44 mag case necked down to .357 projectile.

There are interesting pistol rounds lie the 357sig that are kinda popular. I was wandering if anybody had some weird ideas for other necked down parent rounds like a 45auto brass necked down to a 40cal projectile.

That's the 400 Corbon. Basically 10mm ballistics with lower pressures. Shoots like a champ. I've killed a few deer with it.

I want a cartridge that has the knockdown power of a 50 AE with the recoil of a 9mm that's the size of a 22 short that is fully reloadable and retails for $3 per box of 100. I shall call it the 700 Unicorn.

Back
Top Bottom