• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

hypothetical question about hurricanes

linebacker

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
144   0
Reaction score
I know that it isn't right to mess with Mother Nature but, with all of the geniuses and technology that we have today, shouldn't there be a safe way to break up and stop a hurricane while it is over water?
Maybe fly over it and drop several small bombs of some sort in a specific pattern of the storm to break it up. Continue to do so until it is no longer a threat to people or land.
Am I the only one that has thought about this or did the Nyquil from last night damage me?

Your thoughts?

I think size is the issue, bombs would literally be a fart in a whirlwind to a hurricane.

I understand that the size is definitely an issue, but if enough of them were dropped at strategic points in the storm then it should effect the direction and size of it. If nothing else steer the storm away from land.
Or, what about a hydrogen bomb?

You ever heard of the phrase "firestorm'?

It was doing tests exactly like you are talking about where that phrase was born. Dropping bombs and explosives into an oxygen rich environment like a hurricane does nothing to stop the hurricane but can literally ignite the oxygen in it turning it into a firestorm.

And don't even get me started about the sharks...**** sharks.

The first bit of your statement is exactly right, "I know that it isn't right to mess with Mother Nature". If you screw with the hurricane you might cause droughts or something else.

Back
Top Bottom