• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I’d like a way to easily remove an ad after a sale

I have never understood why folks would blur a tag number when posting on the internet. If you drive down the road the number is there for the world to see which could be tens of cars a day or thousands.

I don't know how someone can trace your screen name to you. Of course Im just a guy who is computer dumb

If you drive around urban areas, your tag is scanned multiple times a day by the government. If the area is set up for it, local LEOs will get a notification, along with the information and a picture, that this stolen tag was just seen in this area, for instance.

I have never understood why folks would blur a tag number when posting on the internet. If you drive down the road the number is there for the world to see which could be tens of cars a day or thousands.

I don't know how someone can trace your screen name to you. Of course Im just a guy who is computer dumb
Because if I’m someone who is breaking into houses to steal guns, what better place to fish for victims than on a site where people buy and sell guns. Bad guys have been known to case gun stores and gun shows waiting to see who comes out with a purchase to follow them home to break in later on. They do this at other stores too. Best Buy, jewelry stores. Anytime you make a large purchase you should have your head on a swivel on your way home. Course, I’m just a paranoid guy.

LMAO. You have no idea what gets through those kabuki theater checkpoints.

Some airports have outstanding TSA personnel and programs, like Boston Logan. They’ve had security from Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv come over to Boston Logan to see how they do things.

Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson, on the other hand, is among the worst. TSA inspectors will dress as passengers and attempt to bring weapons, bomb-making materials, etc., through TSA checkpoints. In all the years that I paid attention to those stats, TSA inspectors were able to get over 80% of these “tests” through security at Atlanta. I had a buddy who accidentally took a S&W 640 through security in Atlanta. He found it himself when he got to his gate. He notified police and turned it in.

I know more than you think. It is a layer of security and if you think the TSA is the only thing operating at the airport at any given day, you’re mistaken.

In most airports in the US, once you get through security, the only additional security are the random uniformed LEOs assigned to that airport.

I was an Air Marshal for over 20 years.

Because if I’m someone who is breaking into houses to steal guns, what better place to fish for victims than on a site where people buy and sell guns. Bad guys have been known to case gun stores and gun shows waiting to see who comes out with a purchase to follow them home to break in later on. They do this at other stores too. Best Buy, jewelry stores. Anytime you make a large purchase you should have your head on a swivel on your way home. Course, I’m just a paranoid guy.
Please explain to me how someone mines information from an ad you placed using a false identity. Especially if you did not put any personal information in the ad in the first place?

Some airports have outstanding TSA personnel and programs, like Boston Logan. They’ve had security from Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv come over to Boston Logan to see how they do things.

Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson, on the other hand, is among the worst. TSA inspectors will dress as passengers and attempt to bring weapons, bomb-making materials, etc., through TSA checkpoints. In all the years that I paid attention to those stats, TSA inspectors were able to get over 80% of these “tests” through security at Atlanta. I had a buddy who accidentally took a S&W 640 through security in Atlanta. He found it himself when he got to his gate. He notified police and turned it in.
I don’t know how long ago that was but they have recently started using a fusion center program and have updated their entire camera system. The specifics are classified of course but AI is starting to find its way into those security streams. Disney started using a similar system a few years ago. Getting into Disney world with a weapon is supposedly incredibly difficult.

I know more than you think. It is a layer of security and if you think the TSA is the only thing operating at the airport at any given day, you’re mistaken.
Your observation does not change the amount of contraband that sails through TSA checkpoints every day my friend.

Back
Top Bottom