• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I’d like a way to easily remove an ad after a sale

Aimless

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Jake from State Farm
195   0
Reaction score
Specifically I’d like to be able to essentially ghost the ad, pictures, info, price. You wouldn’t know what was sold or for how much. The ad would just be blank with just the GONE header. This wouldn’t be an automatic or required feature, just an option for those of us who don’t want to just give up everything we do online to anyone or any groups who may be active and looking to gather intelligence here. It’s no secrete that we have people on the site that are either working for an agency or anti gun group. This place is an OSINT gold mine. Beyond just government and political groups, a lot of companies are hiring groups to investigate current and potential employees activity on the internet. Where and what you post, what you buy, and what you sell are being tracked. That data and open source intelligence is worth big bucks to companies. Right now there is no way to stop all of the various ways activity is tracked but I personally don’t want to make gathering my information easy on them either.

I’m asking for this feature because I have a lot of old ads with a lot of info in them and going back and editing each ad individually is a PITA with the way the editing system is currently configured.

Just reopen your old listing, edit your listing, delete the photos and replace the details to say "gone" in the title and body. Then mark the ad as gone. Annoying to go back to all your old ads and do it, but it's the only way.

I’ve been here since 2011. Do you know how many old ads I’d need to do that to? 113.

Currently to edit an old ad you have to:

Click re-open the thread
Edit the heading
Hit save
Scroll down
highlight and delete the ad info
Scroll down
Edit the sale info
Scroll down
Delete all the old pics, one by one
scroll down
Hit save
Scroll up
Hit mark gone
Scroll up and hit my listings to select another ad and do it all over again.

All those steps to edit an old ad and delete the info. I currently have 113 ads I’d need to do that entire process to. Some members here have hundreds of old ads. The process could be streamlined with a single click for users that want the option to wipe all old ad info.

I’ve been here since 2011. Do you know how many old ads I’d need to do that to? 113.

Currently to edit an old ad you have to:

Click re-open the thread
Edit the heading
Hit save
Scroll down
highlight and delete the ad info
Scroll down
Edit the sale info
Scroll down
Delete all the old pics, one by one
scroll down
Hit save
Scroll up
Hit mark gone
Scroll up and hit my listings to select another ad and do it all over again.

All those steps to edit an old ad and delete the info. I currently have 113 ads I’d need to do that entire process to. Some members here have hundreds of old ads. The process could be streamlined with a single click for users that want the option to wipe all old ad info.
GLWS

Just reopen your old listing, edit your listing, delete the photos and replace the details to say "gone" in the title and body. Then mark the ad as gone. Annoying to go back to all your old ads and do it, but it's the only way.
I have done that for more than 300 ads.....

Takes 10 seconds after returning from the meet, or edit it out in the car after the meet.

I have done that for more than 300 ads.....

Takes 10 seconds after returning from the meet, or edit it out in the car after the meet.

It doesn’t take 10 seconds and if you’re doing it on your phone in the car it takes even longer. I’m not talking about deleting an ad after at meet. I’m talking about the hundreds of old ads some from years ago. You have old ads still accessible including pics. So I have to ask, if it is as quick and easy as you claim, why do you still have old ads with plenty of info in them? That is my point, the current system is clunky and dated. I shouldn’t have to delete each picture individually from an ad. I should be able to do it with a single click.

Back
Top Bottom