• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I’d like a way to easily remove an ad after a sale

Some airports have outstanding TSA personnel and programs, like Boston Logan. They’ve had security from Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv come over to Boston Logan to see how they do things.

Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson, on the other hand, is among the worst. TSA inspectors will dress as passengers and attempt to bring weapons, bomb-making materials, etc., through TSA checkpoints. In all the years that I paid attention to those stats, TSA inspectors were able to get over 80% of these “tests” through security at Atlanta. I had a buddy who accidentally took a S&W 640 through security in Atlanta. He found it himself when he got to his gate. He notified police and turned it in.
Will say, I regularly flew with my Leatherman Wave in and out of many airports always leaving out of ATL. Finally lost it to Boston TSA.

Will say, I regularly flew with my Leatherman Wave in and out of many airports always leaving out of ATL. Finally lost it to Boston TSA.
For me it was a Sabatier paring knife w/ 5" blade out of SFO to DTW to ATL and back for work for months until it was finally found (forgot I had it in my computer bag) at CVG. About 9 months, scores of pass throughs.

For me it was a Sabatier paring knife w/ 5" blade out of SFO to DTW to ATL and back for work for months until it was finally found (forgot I had it in my computer bag) at CVG. About 9 months, scores of pass throughs.
In ATLs defense, it is literally the busiest airport on the planet. The volume of people who are pressed though that checkpoint everyday is impressive considering that security terminal isn’t that big.

Back
Top Bottom