I’m not a painter by all means, but…

Ken Ford

Default rank 5000+ posts
Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
175   0
Reaction score
My drag bike “Roxanne” had a very old but nice looking paint job.
I said that when we made it to 5.60et I’d give her a new wardrobe. She must have wanted it bad, she went 5.49.

As I started sanding I found many many layers of paint. It looked like the last paint job was started and then they decided to “skim” it with bondo. Not only making it very heavy, it covered a lot of deep cracking in the original paint.
I probably put 20+ hours in prep on this body. I was super worried there would still be cracks and all.
Then I started spraying, I used medium reducer, which in this weather was too slow. I had numerous runs… it’s taken me all night to work out the runs (like 7hours)

But in the end it’s really looking great!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Impressive. Maybe you underestimated yourself.
Naw, my best friend, before he died, was a great painter. He told me not to be so critical of my work. But I’d have to charge a fortune to be able to charge anyone. He kept saying no one would notice… but I would.

I’ve got one peice that need just a little blending to work out the runs. Only good thing about using the wrong reducer, is it takes awhile to set, so the working out the runs is easier.
Probably won’t be dry for two days. LOL

Looks like a pro painted it to me.
A “pro” would have made it right the first pass. LOL
But thank y’all for the comments!
I’ve got a lot of time invested, and I’m pretty satisfied.
Some buffing and she will be pretty good for a race body.
And 5+lbs lighter.

Back
Top Bottom