I-85 Peach Pass

DOT trying to spend as much money as possible this fiscal year to justify over-inflated budget

same as the least few decades

Interesting article from today's AJC on this....it's actually supposed to make things worse?
http://www.ajc.com/news/i-85-toll-project-1187168.html

An Atlanta Journal-Constitution review of hundreds of pages of documents associated with the project and interviews with outside experts shows the project is expected to increase traffic in the regular lanes in order to to keep the HOV toll lane flowing.

- The 400 toll plaza is still collecting money, despite the 2011 expiration of the bond. We are using the next ten years of 400 toll money to fund...another toll road?

That's why it's is the peach pass, the 400 toll expired. The .50 cents is different if you call it another name

It wont be long until they start charging based on vehicle type. If youre some douche in a prius then you will probably get to use it for free but if you drive anything thats politically incorrect then you will have to pay a special fee. I bet they call it a "carbon tax" or a "MPG fee".

Gotta pay your fair share for destroying our planet with your evil, dirty, baby seal-killing pickup truck!

It wont be long until they start charging based on vehicle type. If youre some douche in a prius then you will probably get to use it for free but if you drive anything thats politically incorrect then you will have to pay a special fee. I bet they call it a "carbon tax" or a "MPG fee".

Gotta pay your fair share for destroying our planet with your evil, dirty, baby seal-killing pickup truck!

London already has congestion charges for traveling thru the city. It's based on the amount of pollution your car emits.

Back when the HOV lanes were first being done, it was sold as a way to reduce the number of cars on the road. It was also free. Now that tax money was used to build the lanes, you must pay to use the lanes. I for one will not participate in this revenue opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom