• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I-85 Peach Pass

fenderbass07

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
Anyone else seen all the stuff GDOT is doing to I-85 on the north side? What do you think about this peach pass thing that they are doing now? IF your not familiar here is a link to the website. http://www.peachpass.com/ I personally think it's garbage. They are going to charge between 10 and 90 cents a mile depending on congestion and they say that will more than likely go up with time.

Last edited:
I dont like it. I dont know a whole lot about it, but...

- It seems to be converting the carpool lanes on I85 into toll lanes
- It will allow for different tolls based on traffic congestion, as much as $8 or so from what I have read. Lame.
- The 400 toll plaza is still collecting money, despite the 2011 expiration of the bond. We are using the next ten years of 400 toll money to fund...another toll road?

I dint drive up 85 often but I'll take traffic over giving the state more money than I already pay in taxes to use a road.

I dint drive up 85 often but I'll take traffic over giving the state more money than I already pay in taxes to use a road.

My thoughts exactly. I go to commerce every other week to see my gf so if I used the express lane there it would cost me $16.80 (figuring 90 cents a mile) one way just to avoid some traffic.

How long ago were they supposed to take away toll booths on 400?

Yeah, it's just another "temporary" tax they've grown accustomed to collecting, and have no plans of eliminating it - Ever.

How long ago were they supposed to take away toll booths on 400?

Yeah, it's just another "temporary" tax they've grown accustomed to collecting, and have no plans of eliminating it - Ever.

They were supposed to originally expire this year, but Perdue extended the bond before leaving office to 2020 I think (in order to pay for future projects, aka the I85 HOT lane project).

They say this stuff is to help pay for the cost of building new roads and maintain existing roads but I thought that's what state taxes do. And advilorum (sp?) tax. And the tax on gas. And sales taxes.

Just another way to get revenue. I would guess it will be on 75 before long.
Yup. Ive been hearing rumors of this already sometime in or before 2013. I75 north of the perimeter and 575 north as well. Just another tax on us working people that have to drive to the city for out jobs. I for one will be in one of the other 6 lanes of traffic burning gas going nowhere.

Just like the Georgia Lottery.. Supposed to go to the HOPE scholarship. More people than ever are buying lottery tickets, but HOPE is going broke! Where's the money going?

Back
Top Bottom