I bought an Audi A8.

Update, I'll start with the bad lol

Have a creaky passenger LCA

Pads starting to go

Thermostat more than likely partially stuck or sticking. Just warms up a hair if idling forever but cools off if the heater is cut on or move a bit.

Diff's leak a little & last but not least a slight tappet sound at startup goes away once warm.

Getting ready to tackle these issues and then some. Pics from today, nothing crazy.
Nice looking just tint those windows already

My buddy has one and converted it to a 6-speed. SUPER clean swap. his is the next body style, not sure of the exact year?? Its in the Dalton area.

A '97 Audi A8 with the 4.2L V8 that is. It's the AWD model dubbed the "Quattro". Has 140,0xx on the clock & did a cross country tour about 1,000 miles ago. Going to Audi sometime this week for a free vin service record history print out. If the timing belt hasn't been serviced I'll probably have it checked but po was cool and gave me full disclosure. I'm pretty excited, it drives good & po took really good care of the car. Any Audi fans/haters on here?
any issues, engine or trans? how long have you owned? Interior condition? All power work?

I ended up selling the car to a friend of mine. The center diff. seal was bad & leaked gear oil onto the exhaust as noted before & the warm idle ended up being an aux fan that only liked to run with the ac or heat cut on haha.

Before I sold it I drove up to Tennessee (Ocoee River area) & back without issue. Thanks for all who followed the thread & showed interest.

Wouldn't hesitate on an S8 if I had the chance. Maybe even an A6 with either the 2.7TT motor or V8 they get a thumbs up.

Found a 2001 S8 on CL. Same folks who sold me the A8 & got a chance to drive it yesterday.

Waaay firmer ride, ridiculous smooth power. Thinking about it, can post link to ad if any one else is interested. I'd need a bit more $$ lol any one WTB a cajunized CZ 97B for $750?

Id' like to have an RS7. Right after I win the lottery.

the 4.2 is nice. My semi reasonable "want car" is the S6 Avant (wagon) with the 4.2 and 6 speed manual. sleeper wagon.

I bought a 2000 A8 for my wife before we had kids. it was black and spotless with 50K miles on it and a 100K warranty......with a 100.00 deductible for service. I loved it, it was beautiful, it was fast, it was everything I wanted. It did not have one single cup holder and my wife was not happy....at all! I also spent at least 2000.00 in deductible too over the span that I had it. I sold it at 105,000 miles. Fixing that car even with a deductible was super expensive!

Back
Top Bottom