• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I Can't Decide. HELP!!

Crumley25

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
383   0
Reaction score
Im wanting to pick up a new EDC and have narrowed it down to between the Benchmade Adamas 275 and the Spyderco Paramilitary 2.

Im leaning more towards Benchmade for the simple fact that I have never owned a Spyderco and im not sure if I would like that big dang hole in the blade.

I carry a Benchmade Grip (551) as an EDC now and I really like the axis lock and the thumb stud.

How much bigger is the Adamas vs the full size Griptilian?

Is the Adamas worth the $70 price jump over the PM2?

Yea Yea I know the Adamas is closer in comparison to the Manix XL but thought if I could get the same quality in a smaller package workhorse that would be the way to go.

I like the Benchmades look a lot better if that helps, LOL! Have you considered any of the Emerson's? (I have had a mini commander for a few years, it's been a good knife)

Both are beefy blades that will get the job done. I have two PM2's that I beat up. Very lightweight for the size(3.75oz). Only gripe is the very fine tip and lack of deep carry pocket clip(they do make aftermarket Ti clips). The PM2 has the compression lock which helps under "stress". The Adams will be bigger and HEAVIER(13+ oz. I believe?) but, an amazing blade as well. Also, just prefer the S30V(Spyderco) steel over D2(Adams) even though, both are tough. I do notice the PM2 has a larger "Spydi Hole" but, I believe this was so you could open the blade while wearing gloves, etc.

Both are beefy blades that will get the job done. I have two PM2's that I beat up. Very lightweight for the size(3.75oz). Only gripe is the very fine tip and lack of deep carry pocket clip(they do make aftermarket Ti clips). The PM2 has the compression lock which helps under "stress". The Adams will be bigger and HEAVIER(13+ oz. I believe?) but, an amazing blade as well. Also, just prefer the S30V(Spyderco) steel over D2(Adams) even though, both are tough. I do notice the PM2 has a larger "Spydi Hole" but, I believe this was so you could open the blade while wearing gloves, etc.

I agree that the S30V is probably the better steel over the D2, but I have always had problems sharping the S30V. Just seems like it take forever to get an edge on it, then again it seem like it holds that edge longer as well.

How do you get over that big damn hole though?

Back
Top Bottom