• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I Can't Decide. HELP!!

I've seen several people mention they don't like the Spydercos because of the hole. The Spyderco hole allows me (an uncoordinated old guy) to flick the knife open in less than .5 second. I had a guy advise me to buy the training version to learn how to flick the blade open. After receiving the Spydercos it took me maybe 10 minutes tops to learn how to do it quickly and efficiently (and safely). The guy advising to buy the training knife (merely for learning how to open the blade) was absolutely nuts.

What am i missing here? With the little pin sticking out of the Benchmade knives, does it allow you to have the blade open in .10 of a second? Is there a good reason that the Benchmade "peg" is far superior, or is this one of those aesthetics things?

Last edited:
I've seen several people mention they don't like the Spydercos because of the hole. The Spyderco hole allows me (an uncoordinated old guy) to flick the knife open in less than .5 second. I had a guy advise me to buy the training version to learn how to flick the blade open. After receiving the Spydercos it took me maybe 10 minutes tops to learn how to do it quickly and efficiently (and safely). The guy advising to buy the training knife (merely for learning how to open the blade) was absolutely nuts.

What am i missing here? With the little pin sticking out of the Benchmade knives, does it allow you to have the blade open in .10 of a second? Is there a good reason that the Benchmade "peg" is far superior, or is this one of those aesthetics things?

I would absolutely say that I can open the BM with the "peg" in .10 of a second and it is also aesthetic I guess that and the huge hole does look kinda stupid on a blade but then again I may try it and change my mind.

Last edited:
image.jpgI just got this last week, the hole makes it so easy to open! Mini Griptilian

What does a giant hole in your blade do to the overall strength/metal integrity?

On a side note. I only use fixed blades and have not bought or used a folder in at least 5 years. Talk about quickness to deploy:D

Forth option. Skip it altogether. Hehe

Think I may actually end up going with this option. Either that or I will just get the Manix 2 XL, a Benchmade Adamas, and a HEST folder and just start a carry rotation with them.

I did end up picking up a ZT 0350 yesterday though. Who know I may like it when it gets here.

Back
Top Bottom