• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I Can't Decide. HELP!!

You may be right. lol. I can never decide what to carry, I guess that's why I have 3 on me at the moment and a couple more in the truck just incase I need to swap it up a little this afternoon.

Just make sure that they match your belt and shoes. Don't want to crate a fashion faux pas. God forbid.

Just make sure that they match your belt and shoes. Don't want to crate a fashion faux pas. God forbid.

I know what you mean. My DT izula just doesn't seem to go with anything anymore. I think im gonna need to try and find a Fire ant red izula so i can go back to wearing my red shoes.

I'm not sure if I have expressed, but I am a NON Spyderco fan. Not so much that they are bad knives...and its not even their fault. It's the hype and the fanboy love over them. They are average really. Nothing wrong with that...but they are not going to save the world. Much like Bruce Springsteen. Everyone thinks there is nothing better....but there is.

I didn't read the 5 pages of replies....but what are your "parameters" and "uses"?

Are you considerate of cost? liner lock/ frame lock? Steel type?
What do you generally use them for?

Beyond Bench and Spyderco, there is Emerson, Strider, Chris Reeves, Chaves, Brouse.....really an endless list.

When people start freaking about carrying a $300 knife...remember you carry a $500+ gun that you use much less....

Just food for thought.

10534178_10202466674216848_8086425559351221566_n.jpg

I'm not sure if I have expressed, but I am a NON Spyderco fan. Not so much that they are bad knives...and its not even their fault. It's the hype and the fanboy love over them. They are average really. Nothing wrong with that...but they are not going to save the world. Much like Bruce Springsteen. Everyone thinks there is nothing better....but there is.

I didn't read the 5 pages of replies....but what are your "parameters" and "uses"?

Are you considerate of cost? liner lock/ frame lock? Steel type?
What do you generally use them for?

Beyond Bench and Spyderco, there is Emerson, Strider, Chris Reeves, Chaves, Brouse.....really an endless list.

When people start freaking about carrying a $300 knife...remember you carry a $500+ gun that you use much less....

Just food for thought.

I ended up not going with Spyderco or Benchmade and opted for a little more high end and got the DPx Hest/f Milspec (Sleipner steel rocks) to EDC.

I like that it has a beefier blade and can take a little more punishment. Not that I really beat up on a knife but I will use them for several different things. Mostly cutting tape on boxes at the office but this past weekend im glad I had it with me to remove all the crap that got around the shaft on the bushhog. Also used it to open bags of corn and to pop the top on my beer when I couldn't find the can opener.

Back
Top Bottom