• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I can't take it anymore....

nocman_2

Default rank <1250 posts
NRA Patriot Life Member (Benefactor)
11   0
Reaction score
I'm waiting on gun season to start and it's making me sick. So next year I plan on slinging sticks at deer to get into the season earlier. I plan to start with a crossbow. Been looking at the Barnett Jackel. I've heard good and bad about Barnett. What brands do you guys recommend keeping in mind I'm not loaded with money. Also, any advise from those that shoot xbows regularly? (I know I have to add wax to the bow and the strings, can't dry fire it, need to use same brand bolts if possible..) what else?.

Edja-ma-cate me...

Excalibur!!!! Look em up. They are bad-to-the-bone! You can change the strings yourself. They are fast & accurate too! I just bought one off odt and the guy was shooting the wrong arrows. Make sure you buy the correct arrows for your bow. If your practice tips are 100 grain, use 100 grain broadheads as well.

Excalibur!!!! Look em up. They are bad-to-the-bone! You can change the strings yourself. They are fast & accurate too! I just bought one off odt and the guy was shooting the wrong arrows. Make sure you buy the correct arrows for your bow. If your practice tips are 100 grain, use 100 grain broadheads as well.
Wow, checked out Academy and the cheapest one was $640.. durn

Just make sure everything is put together correctly on a xbow. They are fast; but they are not quiet. Also, they are a pain to carry around due to the limbs sticking out. Like everyone has said, get the correct bolts and also buy a cheap one with a blunt tip for use when uncocking the xbow. Hint, don't shoot field points into ground right in front of you if you want your arrow back. They are a mofo to get out with about a foot of then under the ground.

Back
Top Bottom