• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I did not know Kroger sold Bourbon and Vodka!

I believe it depends on the state, and not here.

I went to college in PA and they only allowed alcohol sales on sunday my senior year. Had to buy beer by the case at a distributer, 6 packs cold only at bars, and liqour/wine at state run stores.
yea in 1992 , I was amazed to see liquor at the grocery stores & even Walgreens if I recall right ? (Edit ..In IL )

Glad I no longer drink the "FIRE WATER" Tho

My "Bootlegger"Charged $10 For Rot Gut Whiskey & $20 a 12 pack of Natural Light or Pabst Blue Ribbon , + when I quit drinking in 2002 , Natural Ice was the strongest Beer one could buy in GA , & No Sunday booze unless at the sports Bar or restaurant & by Sunday I was broke anyway 'usually'.

For those who know the area in S Cherokee Co by bootlegger lived in 'Red Barn Trailer Park ' with 24 hour service .

I remember when Stone Mountain Park was a happening place. We'd cruise the road around the park and everyone was parking and hanging out. You would always find several folks selling 12 packs out of their trunk on Sunday.

CA where I grew up beer, wine and liquor were for sale in every grocery and little convenience store. It was strange to me when I moved to other states and saw all the strange restrictions, state by state.

Reactions: GFB
Mine doesn't. But I've been to grocery stores in other states that sold liquor. Never understood why they don't here though.

Back in the day on Sundays I would often trade deer meat for a 12 pack with an old black lady across the tracks in Douglasville. One time I had a big snapping turtle I had caught and she gave me a case of beer for it.

Back
Top Bottom