• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I Drank The Wheel Gun Coolaid Today

napp

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
45   0
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot about the pocket-size wheel guns lately; so I thought I'd go and see what all the fuss was about. I've owned revolvers in the past; but they were all too big for concealed carry. Today I went to some of the local gun stores looking at smaller revolvers that might work when I want to just grab something to go out for a short time without strapping on the Glock.

No single store in my area had everything I wanted to look at; so I ended up going to three local gun stores. I looked at S&W J-Frames, Charter Arms Undercover, Taurus J-Frame clones, and various versions of the Ruger LCR. The Ruger had the best trigger pull of all of them; but I didn't care for the thickness of the Hogue grips.

I almost made it through the day without that "I've got to have it feeling".....and then I picked up a Ruger LCR w/Crimson Trace Laser Grips chambered in .38 cal. SW Plus P. The CT grips were thinner; and had that "oh yeah" feel for my hand. The .38 cal. version felt much better to me than the same gun with the heavier .357 Magnum steel frame.

I tried to think of reasons not to buy the gun.... I really did....but.............

i43.photobucket.com_albums_e364_silvergto_image_zps4bb8ec23.jpg

i43.photobucket.com_albums_e364_silvergto_image_zpsacb649f4.jpg

Now if only CT would incorporate their LightGuard with their LaserGrips, that would be a truly innovative setup! Nice Ruger you got there and congrats!

Ruger builds everything, IMO, like a tank. I "had to have" an LCR in .22 when they came out. Back-pocket-yard-and-farm-work gun that's versatile enough for home/self-defense, if something with a lot bigger bore isn't close by. Congrats on your very sound purchase, there, napp!

Back
Top Bottom