• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I hate Atlanta less now.

I didn't realize there were so many Atlanta haters out there. I've been in Atlanta for 7 years now and it's treated me quite well. I've had a lot of fun here. Do to roommate situations before getting married I've lived in a handful of places from Kennesaw (not the city of course) down to Lindbergh Station. Lindbergh got a little annoying at times when certain bars opened up there, but didn't bother me a whole lot. I don't go down to East Point though. I generally don't go south of downtown unless going to the airport, but that's really only because I don't have a reason to. I'm a little bit OTP now but go ITP quite frequently. But hey, Atlanta isn't for everybody. I don't get upset when people bash it because Atlanta isn't my identity. I don't feel the least bit offended if someone bashes it. Carry on...

Good fix.
I was raised on a farm worked in tobacco, hay fields and occasionally at a dairy. I probably qualify as a redneck. However, I don't own a truck w/lift kit, four wheeler or a boat. I don't smoke, chew or drink beer. I don't even understand why people waste so much money on stuff that never gets used. If you need it and use it......then by all means own it. But if you have the toys just for status quo, re-think what's important in life and quit trying to impress others. I'm not impressed, and I'm sure there are many others who feel the same way

No, it's nothing personal, until I start bashing the entire metro area minus my little city as a vanilla box, strip mall wasteland of piss poor, shortsighted development, so I don't. I realize that most of the rest of this state doesn't unilaterally deep throat the reproductive appendage of a black donkey, so I refer as those that do group diverse geographical areas into one bad element as ignorant. Not the kind of ignorant with huge rims, bass boat metal flake paint and a thumping trunks of aluminum cans, but the kind with huge tires and smoke stacks on diesel powerhouse pickups that have never hauled a load of anything but the huge bag of douche in the drivers seat, but really aren't we splitting hairs now...
If I run into any of those types I'll let you know. They don't live out here.
(I take that back, there is one metal flake bass boat on my street. Belongs to a black guy.) "Vanilla box?" :pound: Don't get out in the burbs much huh? And yes, the shortsighted development is really NOT an ITP problem. You funny guy! ;)
Nothing quite as great as decrying generalization by..... generalizing. :thumb:

I didn't realize there were so many Atlanta haters out there. I've been in Atlanta for 7 years now and it's treated me quite well. I've had a lot of fun here. Do to roommate situations before getting married I've lived in a handful of places from Kennesaw (not the city of course) down to Lindbergh Station. Lindbergh got a little annoying at times when certain bars opened up there, but didn't bother me a whole lot. I don't go down to East Point though. I generally don't go south of downtown unless going to the airport, but that's really only because I don't have a reason to. I'm a little bit OTP now but go ITP quite frequently. But hey, Atlanta isn't for everybody. I don't get upset when people bash it because Atlanta isn't my identity. I don't feel the least bit offended if someone bashes it. Carry on...
So what you are saying is you're objective?
I'm fairly certain the disdain for Atlanta is the same disdain held for most any big city.

If I run into any of those types I'll let you know. They don't live out here.
(I take that back, there is one metal flake bass boat on my street. Belongs to a black guy.) "Vanilla box?" :pound: Don't get out in the burbs much huh? And yes, the shortsighted development is really NOT an ITP problem. You funny guy! ;)
Nothing quite as great as decrying generalization by..... generalizing. :thumb:

Let me remove the sarcasm and put it in a simpler manner...

I don't rant about how rural or suburban areas are trash and I think it is ignorant to do so.

Back
Top Bottom