• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a question for the car gurus here about starting an old Explorer.

Sell it to someone who has the time, money, tools, and motivation to work on it themselves. If you are paying a shop to repair it, would suspect it will cost substantially more to repair than it is worth.

No, Chapmans was the best transmission shop in Middle Georgia when they were open. Very professional. I have a habit of driving my cars like I stole them from someone else.
Oh sorry. Why did they shut down?
And do you drive like that because everyone in Macon drives like that? Like they are leaving the scene of a crime?

No, Chapmans was the best transmission shop in Middle Georgia when they were open. Very professional. I have a habit of driving my cars like I stole them from someone else.
When I worked at the junk yard we knew transmission shop guys. These same guys would have their shop in Macon for a while and then close and move to Warner Robins. Then they would close again and move somewhere else in Warner Robins and then back to Macon. Oh and every time the name would change. They were basically running from pissed off customers and lawsuits.
Oh and there's a transmission shop here in Perry right next to Perry Pawn. The parking lot is full of cars and trucks that have been there for YEARS.

Part it out and scrap what is left ......... Or sell it to a junk yard. Emmet Head Auto Parts and Salvage in Warner Robins will most likley come look at it and make an offer. Free towing included.

I was a Ford certified transmission man until I quit Ford in 2001. If it is in electronic limp home mode it likely is a bad solenoid body or something to that effect. Is the light flashing on the dash?

Part it out and scrap what is left ......... Or sell it to a junk yard. Emmet Head Auto Parts and Salvage in Warner Robins will most likley come look at it and make an offer. Free towing included.
I forgot about that. I got $500 for a car I bought for $800 and wrecked from LKQ. This was about 10 years ago though.

Back
Top Bottom