• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have decided I need a radio

DD,
Like you it's been a long time since I messed with them but
1) I don't get rid of anything. :lol: I still have my Cobra 142GTL (Just looked them up, unlike other CBs looks like those are still holding their value.
2) I suspect one thing hasn't changed, it's all about the antennae and it's location. I live in a draw/creek bottom, part of the reason I've never had my stuff connected. Heck I still have the amp as well.
3) I'm unaware of a combo unit and I suspect you'll need to do the CB/SSB and a separate weather radio (my son, for some reason, is ALL about weather radios. I have no clue.)
4) Don't hold me to it, but I 'might' have 2 SWR meters. If you find you need one, holler and I'll give you one (assuming I can find them ;) )
You Sir are much to kind and I thank you whether you find an extra or not..Cooking for the Bride now,,,Frankly sometimes I wonder why as she would eat a burger and chips and be fine..Doing a couple of Filet's fresh yellow squash and a loaded sweet potato for her...Thanks again!

I only need enough solar for a radio and some small batteries, IE: cell phone, computer, and some small rechargeable batteries.
You could do a lot with a single panel, truck alternator & 2 deep cycle batteries (4 if you wanted to cycle them out). Just to charge a phone & radio direct solar with an inverter would work I believe but a I am NOT a pro in this area.

^^Dunno.
I’m clueless....I gotta research that.
I know of some hunters in the pacific
northwest that carry sat phones in case they get in trouble out there.

^^Dunno.
I’m clueless....I gotta research that.
I know of some hunters in the pacific
northwest that carry sat phones in case they get in trouble out there.
It’s my understanding that satphones are useful in areas that have no phone service to reach people in those areas that do. What I don’t know is if they are useful for anything else.

Back
Top Bottom