Votes: 72 34.6%

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 10mm

Votes: 9 4.3%

Votes: 17 8.2%

• Total voters
pistol ammo wound channel in gel

View attachment 134535

Alot mare than wound profiles determine a cartridge.

for example,
-likelihood to expand
-How the round reacts to bone(9mm known to bounce off, 45 known to break bone, attacking with a jelly arm is alot different than attacking with a hole in you)
- reaction to thick clothing (9mm often becomes clogged due to larger cavity, 357sig has samller hollow point cavity and more likely to expand)
- Glass penetration (357sig again takes the cake)
-hard barrier penetration
-capacity (9mm winner here)
-And lastly the length of the temporary cavity which damages soft organs and tissues, 40 and 357sig are both faster cartridges and have longer Temp. Cavities.

Last edited:
o

Alot mare than wound profiles determine a cartridge.

for example,
-likelihood to expand
-How the round reacts to bone(9mm known to bounce off, 45 known to break bone, attacking with a jelly arm is alot different than attacking with a hole in you)
- reaction to thick clothing (9mm often becomes clogged due to larger cavity, 357sig has samller hollow point cavity and more likely to expand)
- Glass penetration (357sig again takes the cake)
-hard barrier penetration
-capacity (9mm winner here)
-And lastly the length of the temporary cavity which damages soft organs and tissues, 40 and 357sig are both faster cartridges and have longer Temp. Cavities.

Dude, you cut off the chart!

I'm spoiled by a Glock33, small and the 357sig round is much less affected by short barrels than 9mm. Recoil is only too stout if you don't train with it. There is even now the underwoodammo 357sig 125g that comes out faster that 1500fps from a Glock 32(same size as 19).

357 sig is a nasty round, but I'm a cheap ass. I do enjoy the fun of shooting it though!

Favorite is the 45 ACP although I normally carry 38spl or 9mm. I'm actually carrying a 40 right now if you can believe it. My hypocrisy knows no boundaries. ;)

Meh I prefer .45, not ACP nor GAP nor Colt but .457 round ball out of my Ruger Old Army.

i302.photobucket.com_albums_nn112_tv_racin_fan_ROAnToothpick.jpg

Back
Top Bottom