• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I love almost every Ruger firearm but.......EDIT

No, I have never even tried to shoot one, and the only one I have owned I bought off a buddy who needed some money.

What I have seen though, is my father used to run a firearms school in New Mexico and they had to ban Hi-Point from their classes because they were too disruptive when it came time to hit the range. In NM you have to take an approved class to get a CCW and as part of the class you have to fire 200 rounds. Never in the history of him running this school did a single hi-point make it through his class. They always ALWAYS failed to a point that the person could not complete the course with their gun, and they would have to borrow one to finish.

I call bull**** on anyone who claims they are reliable. cmshoot cmshoot has offered his courses free to anyone who wants to attempt the course with a Hi-Point. If your gun fails though, you have to pay. For some unknown reason nobody has ever taken him up on his offer. Seems crazy to me, high quality training for free and nobody has even tried to take him up on his offer. Of course we all know the real reason for that is nobody honestly believes their 99 dollar piece of crap could do it.

Garbage, junk, trash, crap, hi-point.

True words. I‘ve had the Hi-Point Challenge in place for at least 12 years, with no takers. I’d say that some folks need to put their money where their mouth is, but if you own a Hi-Point as a serious gun, you probably don’t have any money.

I threw mine out, otherwise I would have given it away. Then again I wouldn’t want to be responsible for the new owners death if they had to use it in a self defense situation.

Back
Top Bottom