• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I love revolvers

Rifleman188, dang it. I was hoping no one would like these old revolvers. Sounds like you have a very nice collection of wheelguns. The magna grips can be a pain, but I have found that a BK grip adapter or a Tyler T grip adapter works really well on J, K and L frames. I did not like the feel on a N frame. I must admit that I take the original, serial numbered to the gun, off when I get them. They are only original once and I cannot replace them. RELOADER, I like the idea of maple grips/stocks. I have some curly maple stocks on my M29-2. Here is a pic of the curly maple stocks on the gun.
i1113.photobucket.com_albums_k520_JC3196_N_20Frame_20Smith_20and_20Wesson_20Revolvers_Model29_2.jpg

Looking at your pic I have a revolver you would love it is a 2.5 inch 629 dash nada with original S&W combats in a packaged display case with poker acc called Texas hold em

Let's see, let me answer the questions in order.

Rifleman188, Tyler T's are being made, but unfortunately it is hit or miss on production. Company is, I believe, owned by someone else now. The BK grips are not medal, and to my way of thinking work better than the Tyler T's, but just my opinion. And yes, I probably would like that M629, shoot me a pic or show a pic of it on this thread. I would love to see it.

Jody13, your is older than mine. Looks like yours was shipped in early 1979. Mine was shipped late in 1980. I really like N frame Smiths.

Tas6691, good looking Rugers. Those are very nice.

RELOADER, thanks. I like the grips as well. They are made by John Culina. They are the old "coke" style (palm swell) and John does wonderful work. Takes a while to get them, but it is worth the wait. Making grips is part time work for John. So, it just takes time. He does all kind of wood, from Cocobolo to Royal Walnut, from Teak to Ebony, from Curly Maple to Birdseye Maple, all kinds. He has quite a following. Keith Brown also makes beautiful grips.

Sorry it took so long to answer. Oh, since you guys were not at the meet, here is a pic of a couple of rather scarce K frames. Not the best pic, but all I have right now.

i1113.photobucket.com_albums_k520_JC3196_K_20Frame_20Revolvers_TwoPintos.jpg

Back
Top Bottom