• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I miss the 70's.

got going down a hill in the neighborhood going a good 30 mph and slamming on the rear brake and power sliding..until i did it one to many times tire blew out and sparks and ohhh:censored: face first into the hay bails in the neighbors freshly landscaped yard
I had a skateboard for about 30 minutes. My folks live right at the top of a pretty steep hill in Bloomfield. So I got ont the board and headed for the bottom. Then I quickly learned that skateboards were meant for tricks and rolling on sidewalks. But they don't do well with speed. Mine was violently shaking and I had enough of that. So I tried to step off of it and let it go. Might as well have been jumping out of a moving car. All I recall is laying in some old lady's yard for at least 30 minuted before I could get up. Now if I had been watching someone else do it I'm sure it would've been hilarious.

I had a skateboard for about 30 minutes. My folks live right at the top of a pretty steep hill in Bloomfield. So I got ont the board and headed for the bottom. Then I quickly learned that skateboards were meant for tricks and rolling on sidewalks. But they don't do well with speed. Mine was violently shaking and I had enough of that. So I tried to step off of it and let it go. Might as well have been jumping out of a moving car. All I recall is laying in some old lady's yard for at least 30 minuted before I could get up. Now if I had been watching someone else do it I'm sure it would've been hilarious.
Bloomfield?

Teachers paddled you instead of calling parents or cops.

Oh I can tell some stories.
Starting in kindergarten.
We did have some evil teachers who would have surely gone to jail by today's standards.
One teacher used to abuse my female neighbor daily by slapping, pulling hair and nasty comments... She hated her.
The girls Mom showed up at the school numerous times and the teacher always skated.
One day the Mom came in and slapped the teacher silly in front of the whole class then pulled her hair to the desk and pinned her face to the desk and asked if she wanted the daughter to get in a few jabs or should she let her go never to hear of another incident again?
The teacher said it won't happen ever again.
They finally moved the girl to another class and that teacher never touched another kid like that again although she was a nasty old witch.

we had to get off our asses to turn the TV to one of the five channels
When we first got cable in the very early 80s all the cable boxes were just a big black box with a rotary dial. People held onto those boxes till the bitter end even though they didn't have a remote. See somewhere along the line ( and it's hard to imagine how word spread so fast without a Google or a YouTube) but you could jam a piece of milk jug under the lip of the top of the cable box and BAM!!! All the pay channels were clear as a bell.

Back
Top Bottom