• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I miss the 70's.

Neighbors would feed us and also discipline us.
I dont know how many times I went to my buddies house up the street and his mom wouldnt know I was there till she found me at the breakfast table the next morning lol. She wasnt a bad parent for not keeping up with us. We just stayed out of trouble (most of the time) so she didnt worry about us. Those were indeed the days.

i grew up in a cul-de-sac on a small lake played baseball and softball bases were the mailboxes...had a split rail fence that i was always getting splinters from climbing over it and had a willow tree in back yard perfect for climbing and swinging on the branches and making whips out off..always played outside and was the first in the lake even with the water cold great times and great memories..wouldnt go in the water for a month after seeing "JAWS" for the first time LOL!

l.yimg.com_fz_api_res_1.2_FWaabzfz7BVmclf7ZbLQvQ___YXBwaWQ9c3J438abe0a689bfbf1511a0b58f7cf474c.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. Lived a couple of years on Echols Pl. even worse now.
Yeah remember the area around the corner from the Rocky Creek Foods down the hill on the right. One of the streets was Elkan Ave. That whole area was always ****ty as far back as I can remember. But at least back then it was just trashy and poor. Now it's just plain dangerous.

i grew up in a cul-de-sac on a small lake played baseball and softball bases were the mailboxes...had a split rail fence that i was always getting splinters from climbing over it and had a willow tree in back yard perfect for climbing and swinging on the branches and making whips out off..always played outside and was the first in the lake even with the water cold great times and great memories..wouldnt go in the water for a month after seeing "JAWS" for the first time LOL!

l.yimg.com_fz_api_res_1.2_FWaabzfz7BVmclf7ZbLQvQ___YXBwaWQ9c3J438abe0a689bfbf1511a0b58f7cf474c.jpg
My grandfather went to Sears too close to Christmas to get my first bike. It looked just like this one but the tag in the frame and one on the front had NFL teams on them. Not that I gave a damn about football. Well they were all out of Falcons bikes and Cowboys and Steelers which as yall know were the two power house teams back then. So I wound up with an orange and white Tampa Bay Buccaneers bike. Oh well...

Metal lunch boxes.
My folks have some original versions of metal lunch boxes. The also have a ****load of old metal toys from way back up to the 70s. And for some reason known only them they have boxes full of Ninja Turtle toys. My stepfather hasn't had a job in 30 years and has way too much time to think up stupid **** to buy. And i wish they would ban him from Craigslist. he buys the dumbest ****!

Back
Top Bottom