• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I missed ****ing twice! Argggh!

Quit hell! I'm hooked. I think I saw 8 deer yesterday. The one I shot walked right up to me and I don't even know what I'm doing. Pissed I can't go back out again til Saturday.

Hunting deer can be gratifying in different ways. It's a great sport, exercise and puts food on the table, not to mention the challenge of the hunt.

Watch for this....

dakiniland.files.wordpress.com_2012_09_buzzards_circling1.jpg_370d2d90c66142bd662c1ad8e6af5165.jpg

Quit hell! I'm hooked. I think I saw 8 deer yesterday. The one I shot walked right up to me and I don't even know what I'm doing. Pissed I can't go back out again til Saturday.
I love to hear that, welcome to the addiction! After a couple of years when you get tired of gun hunting come over to the dark side and fling arrows at them, you will shake so hard your teeth will chatter! There's no other legal rush like it. The day I loose that I will quit hunting.

Don't let it get you down. Check your zero again.

110 VMAX don't do the best on deer. At SBR speeds they are usually okay but at that close of a range the bullet hitting ribs might have not made a complete pass through.

I don't think that logic really applies to the 300 blackout. Pretty sure the cartridge doesn't see huge gains in a 16 versus 9 inch barrel. It was designed around shorter lengths. I'd think supersonic stuff would go in and make a mess on its way out the back. The one I shot last week was with subsonic 220grain and I definitely had no exit wound. Easy to follow blood trail though and not much left for heart and lungs.

Ok, went and spent a bunch of money at cabelas.. Gonna go back out tonight and get it done. (kidding about the spending money at cabelas.)

Back
Top Bottom